Looking to get my 12 year old into UTV racing

Kathy Harper

Jun 19, 2016
hello I have a 12 year old son who has had a 170,570 and we recently purchased him a 900. He had raced his 570 in one local race and totally rocked it. I am looking to get him more involved in racing as I believe he has a gift behind the wheel. Could someone point me in the right direction please.
TIA

Reactions: JoeyD23

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
The opportunity's for your son are far greater than when we started. My sons first race was at 13 and the only way the promoters would let him race was if I rode with him, he is 21 now. Times have changed.

The biggest and most acknowledged series for UTV racing are, in no particular order GNCC, SCORE, WORCS, BITD.
Since your son is 12 SCORE and BITD are out, the exception to that is the BITD/UTV World Championships which has a youth class. If you're serious I suggest attend that race next year, and since you live in the middle of no where when it comes to any of the major series I would look into GNCC. I have no idea what they offer but with UTV sales exploding the race promoters are making classes to cover this growing area.
Next would be WORCS.

Until then enter him in any local UTV race you can find and read the bigger series rule books so when he/you hit up a big race for the first time you will have an idea of what to expect.

Good thing you said you were willing to travel...have fun!

Last edited:
Reactions: tatum and JoeyD23

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Doug nailed it. I am not sure of the best series' in the SW Oklahoma area unfortunately but if you have a local series keep on competing. Seat time is key for his development. The more time he can get wheeling his machine either in competition or in practice the more he will get comfortable of finding that edge and being able to ride it for longer.

As Doug stated, you should definitely consider coming out next year to the UTV World Championship. This will give you an opportunity to have face time with all of the sports biggest brands, sponsors and also other racers. This one race alone brings more exposure if you win then say an entire season of WORCS or another other series. Make the time if you can to come to Laughlin for this race. We will announce dates soon.

Kathy Harper

Jun 19, 2016
I appreciate all your help. We had a guy that owns a track and use to race and he was the one that suggested we get him into racing. He said my son was only a few seconds behind his time.

fesco70

Nov 6, 2015
If you have DirecTV watch the show WORCS Warriors it will give you an idea on how that series is run.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000