LOOKING TO BUY PORTABLE GPS UNIT

bigkat660

Sep 24, 2010
South Gate
WHATS GOING ON FELLAS, A HAVE A QUICK QUESTION
IM LOOKING TO BUY A PORTABLE GPS UNIT, BUT I DONT KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY THAT ARE GOOD. SOMETHING THAT WILL WORK OFF-ROAD CAN U GUYS HELP ME OUT......

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
If you can find one I use the Garmin 60Csx.. they just released its predecessor and it has some added features...like sharing routes with others via bluetooth, but the 60Csx has been #1 as a portable for a while... saved my ass a few times.

Bryan M

B-MAN - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 16, 2009
Sin City(Vegas!)
I also use the garmin csx60 and like it...but they're are new models I'd look at like the Magellan hiking units with full color.

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
The problem with the new Magellan/Garmin's are the standard maps SUCK! You then have to drop $100 in map software to show the off-road trails. I messed around with the 60Csx for a couple days and then returned it. I have a old Magellan Meridian Gold that I used up to last year. Worked fine. I broke down and bought a Lowrance HDS-5 (yes you STILL need maps), but it goes in my truck and in my Teryx.

BTW my Magellan is for sale...PM me a offer. I have the unit, cig adapter and mapping software.

bigkat660

Sep 24, 2010
South Gate
thanks for the info guys... i just picked myself up a GARMIN 60CSX FOR ONLY $200 sealed from craigslist and it comes with the TOPO U.S. 100K, i just hope i can figure this thing out....LOL! craigslist is thee sh*t

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000