Looking for the right lightbar!!!

Ezecor

Dec 27, 2011
Central Cali
I'm looking for a 30" single row lightbar reading a few other threads and I think I'm even more confused on what brand to go with. I'm not opposed to a rigid or baja designs but prices are a little crazy. If I can find a cheaper brand but still gives the bright light id be happy. The only experience I've had so far with a lightbar is a 30" dual I put on a tractor it was bought off ebay and has Cree emitters. It seems to be pretty good but it's only a month old. I like the idea of the bulldog light as they are advertised 100% made in USA. Any input would help thanks---JR

Apr 6, 2013
thanks for the sale and I cant wait to see the pictures here and the review...

just brining another good option to the utv community..

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
I personally don't like Duning or real fast rides with light bars as they don't throw far enough out like Im used to with the trusty old school round hid lights. Lite bars are trendy and look sleek and all. But they kinda suck I think. I like being able to have the ability to tweak each light to where I want it.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I personally don't like Duning or real fast rides with light bars as they don't throw far enough out like Im used to with the trusty old school round hid lights. Lite bars are trendy and look sleek and all. But they kinda suck I think. I like being able to have the ability to tweak each light to where I want it.
I disagree. I like my current setup of 3 bars on the roof with an actuator and cubes in the place of my headlights. Plenty of light to the sides and far out in front of me.

My last car had 4 hella hids and I had dark spots between lights at 100 yards.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I did 3 10" lights across the roof of my car and 2 4" cubes on the corners for side lights. I have no issue with the amount of forward light I am getting. I prefer the LED for its flexibility. I don't like using the roof lights in dust so I put a small 10" bar in my front bumper. It works great and being so low it helps me see the depth of whoops and holes at night. If I were doing 150mph I could see needing more light but if the top Trophy Truck drivers can pull off running LED, I don't see why a UTV would have any problems.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
I did 3 10" lights across the roof of my car and 2 4" cubes on the corners for side lights. I have no issue with the amount of forward light I am getting. I prefer the LED for its flexibility. I don't like using the roof lights in dust so I put a small 10" bar in my front bumper. It works great and being so low it helps me see the depth of whoops and holes at night. If I were doing 150mph I could see needing more light but if the top Trophy Truck drivers can pull off running LED, I don't see why a UTV would have any problems.
I really just don't like them in the dunes at all. Flat out straight aways on roads yeah I guess they are ok to a point but like you said they suck when its dusty they just make you Snow Blind. I see the Monster Mav is running round lights to. I think the old school traditional pencil beams will cut through the dust better and be better overall. I guess im still used to the Pencil beam patterns. I have a few old friends that think the way I do after a season of duning with a light bar and now they want to go back to traditional Spots to. Gues were just Old. LOL Trendy stuff looks cool and sleek.

Thrill Seeker

Oct 21, 2013
Simi Valley
I to am looking at light bars I was thinking a double row Flood/spot 30in or so & not wanting to spend the 1K on a Rigid, something more for $200-$300. Not even sure I would ever use it but like the way they look.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I to am looking at light bars I was thinking a double row Flood/spot 30in or so & not wanting to spend the 1K on a Rigid, something more for $200-$300. Not even sure I would ever use it but like the way they look.
You get what you payfor in led light bars. I have a 50" dual row totron that does not shine half as far as my three rigid single rows.

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Next bar I think I'll get is the curved one. Seems to spread the light out nice and no need for floods.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
Biggest advantage to LED is power consumption...sure is nice to ride all night and not drain your battery...I have a 30" single row on top of cage, a dually on each a pillar facing out ads a 10" dual row Amber in front bumper for dust and day running light.

transcribed by carrier pigeon for tapatalk

Apr 6, 2013
You get what you payfor in led light bars. I have a 50" dual row totron that does not shine half as far as my three rigid single rows.
That is correct. But ur 3 rigids cost way moreeeee than the totron.. and totron is 3w chips and rigid 5w.

Guys just hold on and dont get desperate.. wait until u see Ezequiel's ligthbar and we'll go from there...

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
That is correct. But ur 3 rigids cost way moreeeee than the totron.. and totron is 3w chips and rigid 5w.

Guys just hold on and dont get desperate.. wait until u see Ezequiel's ligthbar and we'll go from there...
3x to be exact, but i dont mind suporting US companies for a superior product with a lifetime warranty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000