Yamaha LongTravel KITS

FernandezRacing

Off Road Swap Meet - UTVUnderground Approved Spons
Jan 15, 2009
? Who has the best LONG TRAVEL KIT for the rhinos????

opinons please.........

Mines : MAGNUM OFFROAD LT+6, Mason Lt+6

Attachments

SoCal

I'm a Toy Haulin Hooligan - UTVUnderground Approve
Jan 16, 2009
Orange Ca.
I have the Fabtech kit and am very happy with it. 2 years of beating the crap out of it and I broke 1 axle but that was my fault. Note to self. don't pin it to win it while trying to climb over a big rock. wheel spin and then sudden traction = broken axle.

KJSmith84

Banned Por Vida
Jan 15, 2009
somewhere up my own ...
better question is to ask - who can dial their shocks in the best. that is the real questions. I believe that mosts kits are similar in a-arm design some +2 forward som not. but it all comes down to shocks and valving.

FernandezRacing

Jan 15, 2009
Best long travel set up?????????

What about the different ways the different companys set theres up?? The question is who has the best LONG TRAVEL SET UP??????????? Some companys dont compare to others.

Magnum will dial your shocks in for you and # 1 in service.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
What about the different ways the different companys set theres up?? The question is who has the best LONG TRAVEL SET UP??????????? Some companys dont compare to others.

Magnum will dial your shocks in for you and # 1 in service.

If that is the question, then Todd at HRT motorpsorts would be hard to beat, just ask Max powers and ask others that have raced against the Flying banana if his stuff works!!!!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Damn it Dan why did you have to bring up this topic?!!!! This always turns into a nightmare of opinions!!!!

I loved my HCR but it took me 3 trips before I had the valving on the FOX shocks set up.........Magnum has special Valving in their Fox shocks that do work!!

HRT definetley knows their valving. When Chad was with Mafia he had those kits working flawlessly....Now that He is with SDR I am sure he will have that old Mason kit doing work!!

Like Kyle said, vlaving is probably more important than the arms themselves when comparing the quality companies.....

now can I close this thread? LOL j/k..........kinda

KJSmith84

Banned Por Vida
Jan 15, 2009
somewhere up my own ...
If that is the question, then Todd at HRT motorpsorts would be hard to beat, just ask Max powers and ask others that have raced against the Flying banana if his stuff works!!!!
this can go forever
everyone that races has tons of time in their suspension.
and it has to do alot with the driver too.

I think most are all good kits; they all just need to be dialed in with the shocks.

SoCal

I'm a Toy Haulin Hooligan - UTVUnderground Approve
Jan 16, 2009
Orange Ca.
Geometry is a big factor as well. Things have a tendency to break if its not designed right.

I know Fabtech didnt take enough time in the beginning to get the valving right but they are a hell of a lot better now.

FernandezRacing

Jan 15, 2009
any more or just snivles....Hey im stocker i need some input on this site,Sorry you dont like it deal with it got you guys talking..MORE FEEDBACK..

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
these are my top recommendations, and if you pick one of these you would most lilkely be happy

HRT-- Fox
Magnum offroad-- Fox
Mafia-- Fox
LSR-- Bilstein or Elkas
XMF-- Wers

IF you are in Socal then pick one of the first three for "local support"

if in AZ then LSR or XMF

I'M out

RhinoMaster

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor - Black Rhino Perf
We've always had great luck with iShock, and they're good folks to deal with. On the comment that all kits are the same, I have to differ there. One easy way to tell how well the kit is desinged is to get in and do a tight turn. A LOT of kits out there will plow and not want to turn. Quick and easy way to narrow things down a little.

Have to agree on HRT, their stuff is definately proven. Ask Todd, and ask Regis Harrington. He took first for us in the M4SX series, and placed pretty well in CORR running HRT's setup. They're also great folks to work with. And Chris at Benchmark builds one bad ash motor.

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
IShock has really steped up thats for dam sure !! HRT , How many champions ships did Todd Author win, 3 I believe with his rhino. I cant complain about my IShock kit or about there cust service they have been there everytime . I watched Regis Harrington put his IShock kit on last year at a race rightr out of the box and went out and spanked the pack for a first place win. I saw him at CORR later on an asked him about it and he said they set up the preload at that first race and its been awsome ever sence.

Karl

McKrawlin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Glendale, AZ
any more or just snivles....Hey im stocker i need some input on this site,Sorry you dont like it deal with it got you guys talking..MORE FEEDBACK..
All the prior mentioned are pretty much the favorites. I have to agree with Rog, and Kyle. It seems that most kits are designed well (except mine... lol). It's all in the shocks that are used, and how well they are dialed in.

I will say that if I win the lottery... lol... and I wanted to buy a new kit, it would be any of the ones mentioned here, but I would probably opt for ELKA shocks if offered by that manufacture.... just my opinion... and you know what they say about those!!! :eek:

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
This may be one of the best LT threads I have seen in a while, I am impressed. Good info here and we get to hear other opinions other than XMF - XMF - XMF! LOL Not to knock them but just because majority of AZ runs them doesnt mean there arent some really quality kits out there!!

Goodtimes, are those tabs on the arms for...........???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000