Long travel for Teryx

Dez-racer

Nov 23, 2009
Corona, Ca
Hey everyone, new to the forum. I need some advice. Still a die hard moto fan, so most of my play money goes there. But im looking into long travel for my teryx. This is just going to be a play car. But i dont want to cheat myself and buying junk just to save a little money. Who should i look at for the best bang for my buck?
Thanks in advance!

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
I know, sneaky bastard! lol

you can get the arms only if you wish. or as a whole kit, or just arms/axles.

I highly recommend you get the whole kit with HRT tuned Fox shocks. :)

these are plated sheet arms, vs the chromoly tube ones that Blue has. exact same geometry and both have been proven on the track and GP racing.

Hope all is well Dan, and Happy holidays

Rog

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
There are plenty of proven and well working kits out there. Of course you as the consumer need to decide based upon price, support, quality, and availabity. I will tell you that if you are looking for an awesome kit the Magnum kit with dialed in Fox Shocks is an awesome kit. It is a +6 wide kit which gives the Teryx a sick looking stance. I have seen this kit work in the desert and its awesome! Hit up d34thw1sh for the Underground member discount (if one is available right now?)

The XMF Teryx Kit is arguably the most winning Teryx Kit on the market. This kit turns great and is race legal. It can be set up for Walker Evans or FOX shocks and is priced very nicely! Tell Scott the Underground sent you and he will take good care of you!

FUNCO makes a championship winning long travel and like the XMF kit it can work with multiple shock set ups. This kit looks amazing and also performs at a high level. If you call funco speak with Grant and tell him Joey D. says he has to hook you up since we linked you up!!! hahahhahahaah They are good guys and will set you up....

Cognito is new to the Teryx LT market. They just put together a really awesome looking kit. I dont know a lot about it but they can dial you in. Ask for Justin or Chad and tell them your an Underground member.....

Its not a knock on HRT, they are a fantastic and very proven sxs company. Rog and Blue are definitley HRT faithful and I am a pretty loyal Magnum guy so our opinions as are most guys promoting the kit they run are a bit biased. Blue had a bad experience with the 2nd Magnum Teryx LT kit built due to very poor shock valving on the Magnum shock guys part. SInce then Magnum has made drastic shock valving improvements making their kit a very solid and well working product. I think that you owe it to yourself to continue your research and shop. If your looking for race proven then XMF and FUNCO are the leaders there without a doubt. If a wider stance and aggresive desert car is tops on your list then Magnum would be my pick.

Dez-racer

Nov 23, 2009
Corona, Ca
Thank you all so much. Joey I will continue to check around, and I will check with Magnum. Will be in OW over New Years so im gonna try to hook up with them out there. Thanks again to everyone who replied. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
We should all be in Ocotillo Wells for new years so definitley look us up! We will pop a thread up soon regarding New Years in Ocotillo so hopefully w can all get together and tear the desert up!!!!!!!

Good luck on your LT search. I am sure you will find something your happy with!

lawnmowerepair man

WIGGLER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 24, 2009
The HRT kit is sick...The HRT Teryx that Sean Lorenz just bought and is in our rotating header here on the site is one of the coolest race Teryx's built!
Hey Joey if you have more pics of Flyin Banana DOS...Get to postin
Please!!!

s2k1

Feb 27, 2009
Ramona, CA
www.benchmarkperformance.us
Hey Joey if you have more pics of Flyin Banana DOS...Get to postin
Please!!!
The Flyin Banana II is the Yamaha Rhino that was driven by Rog in the Lucas Oil series this year.
The Teryx that Sean owns is Flyin Banana #3!
The original was sold to a guy in LA and he uses it in the high desert for fun.

Oh yeah, HRT suspension was the only UTV to go through the whoops at the final Lucas race at Primm this year pinned! :eek::D

MAGNUM OFFROAD

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor & Founder
Its not a knock on HRT, they are a fantastic and very proven sxs company. Rog and Blue are definitley HRT faithful and I am a pretty loyal Magnum guy so our opinions as are most guys promoting the kit they run are a bit biased. Blue had a bad experience with the 2nd Magnum Teryx LT kit built due to very poor shock valving on the Magnum shock guys part. SInce then Magnum has made drastic shock valving improvements making their kit a very solid and well working product. I think that you owe it to yourself to continue your research and shop. If your looking for race proven then XMF and FUNCO are the leaders there without a doubt. If a wider stance and aggresive desert car is tops on your list then Magnum would be my pick.
Very rarely do I get involved in the "which LT?" threads as they always seem to be packed with biased opinions and I like to leave the decision to the customer. But I do have to correct JoeyD on his post. We (Magnum Offroad) stand by our Teryx suspension system 100%, and have done so since it's conception and eventual release to the public. At no time do I feel there were any "problems" with our suspension system. I will agree that the SHOCK valving was not exactly where it needed to be for optimal performance. And I feel that dialing in the damping on any system is just part of the process of building any well performing off-road vehicle. It is true that our shock tech did not originally tune the shocks to perform on Blue's car as well as they could have performed. But I've never questioned his knowledge or experience, and blame it more on a lack of feedback from others involved. We have since done our own extensive shock testing and feel that the system performs just as well and/or better than other systems available on the market. Sorry JD, just wanted to set the record straight once and for all.:D

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
I think Joey was being very politicly correct. He is right that their are many kits. You have to pick the company that is right for you. I chose HRT because they are close, they have been very friendly to deal with, They have a good reputation and the pricing is very competitive.

Their is a pic of it at pismo in july. I reccomend getting the best shock you can afford meaning fox rc2 or rc3. The company you buy from must understand valving and geomitry.

Attachments

junior quisquis

I AM NOT BLUE - YOU LIFT-YOU LOSE! - UTVUndergroun
Ok here it goes, Junior has to open his mouth and get into this one for sure.

Is everybody ready for the truth. The real truth on who's long travel works,breaks,bends or just is junk. All righty then here it goes and dont get mad once I let this out.

I have used and seen a lot of lt kits out there, and yes some are junk and some are great. Sometimes you get what you pay for but there are some shops that have a big price but all they are doing is selling junk.

If it was my choice I would choose.............

RHINOCRAFT/PROCRAFT

bLAH HA HA HA. i WONDER HOW MANY OF YOU GUYS WERE SCARED OF WHAT i WAS GOING TO LET OUT.

anyways because procraft is out of business and not making any more parts that means that I have to run a different L.T. kit if I would break mine. I have seen HRT come through and perform. They have been around since the start of utv racing and are race proven.

The biggest thing is the race proven. If you ever have raced or seen old school Elsinore short course racing then you know that your products had to be tip top shape and design.

magnum and others do have great parts, Just look at joeys car and others. But when it comes down to it I would choose the race proven championship after championship winning kit and thats

HRT.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Not to burst your bubble Junior but I have fixed 2 Rhino craft builds. One car only Glamis driven and had a couple cracks around the shock mounts. I am not saying they are bad kits. Buy what is built by pros for pros. It takes alot of money to support a race program and the LT kit is the back bone of the operation.

side x side tv

Banned Por Vida
Aug 5, 2009
It’s not that i am HRT faithful like waytay said The Company you buy from must understand valving and geometry. if you are building a lt kit and putting it out there on the market you should know the valving and geometry for your kit it does not matter if the person valving your shocks knows or not knows valving you should know if it’s right or wrong. i have tryed a few lt kits like magnum and mafia rzr and rhino lt kits. like i always said you can get any lt kit out there hell you can build one yourself and if you compare it to a stock suspension your like now it kicks ass way beater the the stock suspension now compare a long travel kit out on the market to a kit the works with valving and geometry your like holly crap a big dif. not a lot of people know about valving and geometry so anything is beater then stock.<V:p</V:phrt is not only race proven but has been out there from day one in sxs racing. i don’t know if you are referring to me but to blame it more on a lack of feedback from others involved. Any good kit out there will be race proven check out how many kits out there are race proven<O:p</O:p<O:p</O:p

junior quisquis

I AM NOT BLUE - YOU LIFT-YOU LOSE! - UTVUndergroun
Not to burst your bubble Junior but I have fixed 2 Rhino craft builds. One car only Glamis driven and had a couple cracks around the shock mounts. I am not saying they are bad kits. Buy what is built by pros for pros. It takes alot of money to support a race program and the LT kit is the back bone of the operation.
LOL rusty, No burtin here. Thats why I didn't talk crap on anybody. Just like anybody a kit will bend break or crack depending on what you do to it.

Just choose what you want. thats the best.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000