Kawasaki Lonestar +5 XTR

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
Let the madness begin! I'm pushing to get this done before I leave for Pres. Day @ Glamis...

Picked up the axles to get them done this past weekend and also picked up the shocks (Elka Elites). Got everything mounted as my arms were not done yet.

What a PITA the axles are!!! A complete MESS of grease!!! Anyone doing this need to know the tie-wrap trick. On the outer CV, there is a circlip that holds the outer CV on the axles...take a tie-wrp and tie it over the clip to keep it in place and compressed until the CV is over it...even with the tie-wrap it is still a pain, but they are all done!

Front axle assembly ready for install:

Front Shock in place:

Rear Shock in place:

Got the arms last night and spent the night is the garage...all I got left is to install the extended brake lines, bleed the system, set the toe-in and take her for a test ride!

I can't believe the amount of suspension I have now! Woot woot!

Ahhh, beautiful to finally have them:

Lonestar:

Rear end done!

The front end was a little more difficult, I had one ball joint that didn't want to play nice! Took me a little while to press it in straight.

Almost done:

I had my rig up on jack stands (after pulling off the stock tires), with the new LT the hub is only 3 inches off the ground now! Now I got wheel travel!

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
This kit was AMAZING out at Glamis Presidents Day Weekend. The front was dialed in from the start and all I had to do was put a bit more high speed compression on the rear shocks...all the Video I have is from my cage mounted camera looking forward, but here are some pictures:

The Elkas was super smooth and very easy to adjust:

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
LSR +5" XTR-F kit is up first!

The XTR-F kit is revolutionary Jon. You're going to be shocked! (no pun of course)

Congrats Bob! Happy to see you rocking LT now! Lets hit up Box canyon soon!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000