Yamaha Limit straps

Bumpers

Jan 23, 2012
I have a fabtech kit on my rhino 660 and i want to add some limit straps to it... I had axle issues (gorilla) and kept popping the rears out. Ive got some new summer bros axles with stock cvs but i wanted to limit the rear alittle to hopefuly solve that problem and the front too just to keep anything from getting damaged.. I was looking for some pics of how ppl have mounted them on a rhino

thanks,
Garrett

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
I have seen them once on a fabtech kit. I am not sure if he is a member on here (Qwkrhino). I don't think you will need them now that you ditched the gorilla axles. I have been running the fabtech axles for three years with no issues.

I do not think you will have any issues with the sommer bros axles.

Are you using stock CVs or the gorrilla CVs? I would go back to the stock CVs, if you are not running them.

gorilla axles caused many headaches on a variety of long travel kits.

Bumpers

Jan 23, 2012
Im running stock cvs... im running the fabtech axles in the front with no issues.. was just thinking about running the limit straps to limit about 1/4" of travel just to prevent any damage to avnything in a rough situation... i need to put my new axles in rhino hasnt moved in a month lol

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
I would run the new axles and not worry. If you want the straps the bottom can attach where the sway bar attaches to the a-arm and then find a spot on the frame for the top support.

Bumpers

Jan 23, 2012
My rear arms already have mounting points on them for the straps so i guess i could just measure from the upper a arm mount to that mount and figure out what lenth i need. I was looking at some pictures of race utvs where they had a clevis style mount that would be adjustable

skunx

OG SXS Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 30, 2009
california
www.imgms.com
the clevis is killer for adjustment, but many long travel companies have cycled their drop out and set it up as a bolt on application, if the arms you have are tabbed they may have an exact length limit strap to throw in there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000