Light weight aluminum trailer

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
I have a '06 Tacoma that I really wanted to use to pull the RZR around. The Tacoma doesn't pull the RZR too well with my 18' open trailer, so it was time to downsize the trailer.

My first goal was to build one specifically for my needs, but after I priced everything and put a value on my labor, it didn't make sense to build one when I could buy one of these for $2600 (MSRP).

It's made by Aluma and pulls absolutely perfectly behind the Tacoma. It's also very wide on the inside. My RZR runs a HCR +6 and there's a good 6 to 8 inches on either side of it when loaded.

Just thought I would share in case anyone else was looking for something small like this.

It's made by Aluma and I bought it at Race Trailers by LBTrailers.com.

-b

sd90

Jan 22, 2012
That's exactly what I'm looking at getting for a Teryx4, I think it's a 7712H model, only weighs 550 lbs!
Do you have the tie downs on that model, they want an extra $100 to install 4 tie downs, but it doesn't look like you need them.
That trailer is $3400 in Canada!

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
That's exactly what I'm looking at getting for a Teryx4, I think it's a 7712H model, only weighs 550 lbs!
Do you have the tie downs on that model, they want an extra $100 to install 4 tie downs, but it doesn't look like you need them.
That trailer is $3400 in Canada!
No, I don't have the tie downs on it. There are plenty of ways to tie it down, even wrapping under the trailer and catching the frame. Tie downs would be nice, but I think most UTV's could possibly cover them up anyway.

I still have this trailer and love it. Aluminum is the only way to go.

-b

sd90

Jan 22, 2012
Aluminum will always look good, never rust or rot! The only way to go! On a different subject...how do you like the Bighorns? I'm torn between Bighorns, Swamp Lites and MotoMTC.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Aluminum will always look good, never rust or rot! The only way to go! On a different subject...how do you like the Bighorns? I'm torn between Bighorns, Swamp Lites and MotoMTC.
For an all around tire, the Bighorns are hard to beat. For 2012 I will be racing on GBC Dirt Commanders. Those things are awesome and are 8 ply, making them a good bit tougher than a Bighorn, which is 6 ply.

GBC Motorsports Dirt Commander Tire :: Side By Side and UTV Parts Warehouse - SXSPerformance.com

-b

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000