light bar question

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
i have always been saving for a Rigid lightbar but recently i seen a Totron lightbar in action and i really liked it. I even found a sweet deal on them which makes it even more tempting.

I want to use 3 lightbars on my roof with an actuator, i want it setup to give me 180* of light or close to that. I love to dune fast at night.

The Rigid E series i can get 25,280 lumens with an amperage usage of 21.38 at 295 watts, cost $1707 plus some tax.

The Totron DC lights put out 25,920 lumens with an amperage usage of 21.4 at 324 watts, cost $600 shipped to me.

with the Totron i can get them for 1/3 the cost of Rigid with a 5 year warranty.

Now i have always wanted to support Taylor at Rigid since i met him way back in the Rhino days, but the price is killing this regular joe.

For a recrerational dune rider light is light and i am sure a few Walmart halogen lights would work but look like ass. So i am leanning towards cheating on Rigid and buying some Totron lights.

what say you?

kennyo15

Paramount Motorsports / Black Rhino - UTVUndergrou
Aug 19, 2009
Alpine, CA
We have tested a few others but have stayed with Rigid. Remember there is a lot more to an led light bar than just lumens.

What size E series are you planning on using?
Have you shopped prices, or are you talking retail?

I use a 40" E combo series as my main forward light and a pair of d2's angled to the sides for transitioning over the dunes edges. This is on my 550 hp long travel buggy that is way faster through the dunes than my XP.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
We have tested a few others but have stayed with Rigid. Remember there is a lot more to an led light bar than just lumens.

What size E series are you planning on using?
Have you shopped prices, or are you talking retail?

I use a 40" E combo series as my main forward light and a pair of d2's angled to the sides for transitioning over the dunes edges. This is on my 550 hp long travel buggy that is way faster through the dunes than my XP.

two 10" and one 30". i plan on angeling the 10" to the side by 45* or so and the 30" straight forward.

i have shopped Rigid on a couple offroad sites but never got a real quote.

fastjesse

Sep 17, 2012
two 10" and one 30". i plan on angeling the 10" to the side by 45* or so and the 30" straight forward.

i have shopped Rigid on a couple offroad sites but never got a real quote.
You can probably get those Rigid lights for about 20% off list from a supporting vendor. I have a 40" Rigid SR and am very happy with it, but I didn't pay list price. :)

GOVACHO

Nov 8, 2011
Riverssippi
save your self the headaches of going with a off brand/knockoff..

You get what you pay for !! That's all that can be said..

Here is my light count,
Rigid,
4 - HD dually amber diffused
2 - DH dually white spot
2 - 12" SE bars amber
1 - 20" SE bar white
1 - 30" E bar
1 - 50" E bar

BACKED FOR LIFE !!

My first LED bars ( NO NAME ) where in for service more than on any of my cars.

Andy

Maverick - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 2, 2013
Buena Park, Calif
All I can say Mike, is for the price of a Rigid 40", I got a Totron 40" and a primary clutch...The Totron suits my needs, and if it fails...I can buy 2 more and still have $ in my pocket. I love the Rigid lights, bro-in-law has them on his sand car, but for the money... the Totron is a better deal IMHO.

Wyoming

Uncle Si in training
Sep 8, 2012
Cody, WY
Take a look at black knight lights. They are way cheaper than Rigid and still have a lifetime warranty. I believe the TSCO TT runs these lights.

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
I was in the same boat. I wanted baja designs sooo bad but just couldn't justify the cash. I just bought a light from motoalliance, 30" dual row with 5w LEDs and it is bright. I couldn't out run it in the desert when I took it to test it out. They are a bit more than totrons but have a better warranty and I think the optics are better but don't have any experience with the totrons other than my cube lights.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
i have always been saving for a Rigid lightbar but recently i seen a Totron lightbar in action and i really liked it. I even found a sweet deal on them which makes it even more tempting.

I want to use 3 lightbars on my roof with an actuator, i want it setup to give me 180* of light or close to that. I love to dune fast at night.

The Rigid E series i can get 25,280 lumens with an amperage usage of 21.38 at 295 watts, cost $1707 plus some tax.

The Totron DC lights put out 25,920 lumens with an amperage usage of 21.4 at 324 watts, cost $600 shipped to me.

with the Totron i can get them for 1/3 the cost of Rigid with a 5 year warranty.

Now i have always wanted to support Taylor at Rigid since i met him way back in the Rhino days, but the price is killing this regular joe.

For a recrerational dune rider light is light and i am sure a few Walmart halogen lights would work but look like ass. So i am leanning towards cheating on Rigid and buying some Totron lights.

what say you?
LED's are great for short range lighting. I have yet to see led's out perform conventional hid lights for long distance/hauling butt lighting. I would be happy to send you specs on our light bar if interested.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
LED's are great for short range lighting. I have yet to see led's out perform conventional hid lights for long distance/hauling butt lighting. I would be happy to send you specs on our light bar if interested.
specs would be interesting but i aint got that kinda scratch. I ran hella metal housing lights on my RZR1 that had 55 watt HID conversions done to them. Mother eff that setup threw some distance of light.

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
I have a safeglowwhips 30 inch duel row. Spot/flood combo. And duel led whips from them as well. Yes i am bias as they are my local shop. But they rock. As well as their customer service.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
specs would be interesting but i aint got that kinda scratch. I ran hella metal housing lights on my RZR1 that had 55 watt HID conversions done to them. Mother eff that setup threw some distance of light.

Yeah, the amperage requirements are lofty to run the hid's. I think the smaller ones we run on the light bar are around 300 bucks each. The alternator off of the driveshaft trick also may be needed to power them. I'm happy to share prints w/Maverick owners who want to fab a light bar FOR THEIR OWN USE! Here we are setting up the lights on the way back from SEMA in preparation for the 1000.

Last edited:

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
HELP i have a chance to upgrade my 30 inch dual row to a 40 inch dual row today. i have not used the 30 yet. when i bought it i seen most people put 30 on utv, and 40 on trophy trucks ect. man was i wrong. i seen a ton of T4 using 40 inch. 30 seems better fit on rzr cage, but 40 seems right at home on kawa T4. what do you use? 30 or 40? and single row or dual row? when i had my atc, quads, bikes and jeep we rode at night ALOT. :eek: there is just something about the summer night air out in johnson valley :cool:

sconym

Aug 30, 2012
I ran a rigid sr40 on the T2. I now run a rigid sr50 on the T4. I like the sleek looks of the sr series. And a 50" fits the T4 perfectly!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000