Lets Talk!!!“THE LONGEST OFF-ROAD RACE IN THE UNITED STATESâ€

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Sims or Angal, Sims is way overdue.
Just like Baja is for us, it is Brandens race to lose. We wont be far behind. It might just be a Can-am slam jam, with us and the Murray's sticking to the #1913 like pesky flies! We will be sweating our belt(s) for sure.

dmurray

#1917 BITD - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 13, 2010
Eastvale CA
www.murrayracing.com
V2R is fast approaching. Who won last year? Maybe a repeat is in the books. We are ready to throw down at this race. We were pretty fed up after getting held up super bad at the 500 behind a few trucks. We need some redemption. No TT trucks will catch us this year either!!! the 1917 will be all out

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
You don't need an invite. Jump in. The water is warm! C'mon Money bags! Let us all know how fast your car can go. You have to have at least 5 mph on us. It's a flat and fast course, the V2R is. Nearly 49 mph average speeds. You'll have a huge advantage over our car. Double or nothing? (because 100,000 pennies just wont do!)
so you really want 200,000 pennies lol
:D

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
I think Brandon from NAATV has a great shot at the win. I have been racing with him since 2009 when we raced in Whiplash. He has always been a solid driver and even without huge factory support, he is consistently delivering. I vote for Brandon. Anyone want to put some $$ on it?

(P.S. Brandon, if you lose, you owe me half the bet. )
I appreciate the confidence Bob!!!! I am feeling really good about this one, and guess what prob another iron man race for me lol. I think my car is ready to go right now, ill check over and make sure, nut yeah lets make this interesting $$$$ lol

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
so you really want 200,000 pennies lol
:D
No! I really want just 10 little pieces of green paper.. I did the math. Yep, I'll need a forklift to unload my bounty. 550-600 lbs. of worthless zinc and iron:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Double or nothing? Nah, I'm getting in over my head :(! My friend needs the cash more than I need to risk it. I'll just take the 600 lbs. instead! Marc gave me the original g, and let me keep it, so I'm 2 g's ahead. I'll talk to Marc if you, Bill or Branden want to make a new bet. I'm sure he's willing. Why not drop the amount to something more affordable? That way, more teams can participate.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I got an invite to drive this race with one of our teams. DAMN I want to RACE!! But I may have to pass this one up to cover for us on the video side. Plus I have to go strait from the race to Mammoth for a video adventure. Decisions decisions!!

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
You cant get bigger clutches on the maverick?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
To install a larger clutch (I assume that once dialed in, diameter is what we would be lacking to increase top speed) on the Maverick would require that either you raise the motor up higher, or build a protective "dish" that hangs below the bottom pan, right where the bashing takes place. I don't think the rules allow you to move the motor, and if you saw the damage from Baja that I am repairing in that area, it is not a place that can be moved down. Hell, we still cant get full rpm's with the stock diameter clutch! Until we can pull the stocker to its limits, there is no need in super-sizing anything!

At the Baja, Marc was keeping the top speed between 60 and 65 mph, just to keep the belt alive. Like every race, we do well in the rough, and high speed corner sections where others fall short. Then, along comes Branden, who looks to be every bit as fast as us in the rough. Has more top end as well. The trade off most likely is that his car suffers in the high speed, flat corners. As soft as his car is set up, it has to have excessive body roll, and his ride height setting increases the roll moment in excess. The rallye style cornering is where we shine. Even Branden can't beat us there. Marc's ability to hang the rear end out there is amazing. Even where there is a sheer drop off of 100's of feet, he'll slide the rear tires within inches of the edge, all the while playing with the steering wheel at full opposite lock. Turning towards the cliff! Scares the F out of me, that's for sure! If he comes into a corner too hot, he doesn't brake like you or I would. Instead, he uses the gas and steering to adjust, causing him to either maintain or even gain in speed in some cases. It's a fine line to walk, and will bite the average driver every time.

If we can get the top end out of our car, even a reliable prolonged 70 mph, watch out! In all fairness, Marc really should be driving TT's. But Can-am came along, and here we are!

Marc? Yeah, he's Badass! Take a look at our rear bumper. It has not been touched since building it in March of 2013! The paint (powder) on it was applied before the Baja 1000 last year, and is scuff-free. It is indicative of the fact that we are fast, and we get out of the way of who is faster!

Attachments

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
To install a larger clutch (I assume that once dialed in, diameter is what we would be lacking to increase top speed) on the Maverick would require that either you raise the motor up higher, or build a protective "dish" that hangs below the bottom pan, right where the bashing takes place. I don't think the rules allow you to move the motor, and if you saw the damage from Baja that I am repairing in that area, it is not a place that can be moved down. Hell, we still cant get full rpm's with the stock diameter clutch! Until we can pull the stocker to its limits, there is no need in super-sizing anything!

At the Baja, Marc was keeping the top speed between 60 and 65 mph, just to keep the belt alive. Like every race, we do well in the rough, and high speed corner sections where others fall short. Then, along comes Branden, who looks to be every bit as fast as us in the rough. Has more top end as well. The trade off most likely is that his car suffers in the high speed, flat corners. As soft as his car is set up, it has to have excessive body roll, and his ride height setting increases the roll moment in excess. The rallye style cornering is where we shine. Even Branden can't beat us there. Marc's ability to hang the rear end out there is amazing. Even where there is a sheer drop off of 100's of feet, he'll slide the rear tires within inches of the edge, all the while playing with the steering wheel at full opposite lock. Turning towards the cliff! Scares the F out of me, that's for sure! If he comes into a corner too hot, he doesn't brake like you or I would. Instead, he uses the gas and steering to adjust, causing him to either maintain or even gain in speed in some cases. It's a fine line to walk, and will bite the average driver every time.

If we can get the top end out of our car, even a reliable prolonged 70 mph, watch out! In all fairness, Marc really should be driving TT's. But Can-am came along, and here we are!

Marc? Yeah, he's Badass! Take a look at our rear bumper. It has not been touched since building it in March of 2013! The paint (powder) on it was applied before the Baja 1000 last year, and is scuff-free. It is indicative of the fact that we are fast, and we get out of the way of who is faster!
Some Clutch tuning for sure and Im thinking you should have Todd at Evolution Motorsports Flash your computer to 8500 rpm limit and his stage 3 flash and cat delete tune will gain 10hp. I cant tell in the pictures but did you take the Factory Exhaust Resonator out because we lost HP when trying different styles of mergers and collectors and that factory collector works great. and Todd also has a badass cat delete merge pipe. The Extra Hp is definitely needed in your heavy car.

Beach Leo

Way-Good
Mar 6, 2011
Mt Shasta & Mt Diablo
Awesome Video of last-years V2R>>>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q6D_j_RE8I&index=8&list=PLafdRZtJSBY0194QU8c-3s0BcwQWenx6_

Any-way by watching the Video

You would never know that Can-Am Won the Race:eek:

Guess since this is a Polaris base Site and Video

The word Can-Am is a No, No

Hope I don't get Banned for saying Can-Am around here...lol

Hope Can-Am wins again this year as well

I always go for the under-dog

Hmmm....come to think of it, the way Can-Am

is Spanking the Crap out-of Polaris

Polaris seems to be the Under-Dog this year:)

Go Polaris!!!

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Watch out here comes Joey D.!! In his defense, the coverage he has on his UTVUG site is pretty fair. The videos that Polaris pays for, well they pay to have him film a promotional video for their product.

Kind of curious to see how the Baja 500 video plays out though.......

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Awesome Video of last-years V2R>>>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q6D_j_RE8I&index=8&list=PLafdRZtJSBY0194QU8c-3s0BcwQWenx6_

Any-way by watching the Video

You would never know that Can-Am Won the Race:eek:

Guess since this is a Polaris base Site and Video

The word Can-Am is a No, No

Hope I don't get Banned for saying Can-Am around here...lol

Hope Can-Am wins again this year as well

I always go for the under-dog

Hmmm....come to think of it, the way Can-Am

is Spanking the Crap out-of Polaris

Polaris seems to be the Under-Dog this year:)

Go Polaris!!!

Jesus Christ...

Notice the Polaris Logo in the beginning of the video>

They paid for it...

Its a POLARIS highlight video...

Would you expect Burger King to pay FOOD NETWORK to do a McDonalds review?

Why do I have to explain this over and over?

If you want to see a can-am highlight video then hit me up, I can let you know how much it costs to bring a 10-15 man crew all with RED cameras, helicopter, etc etc etc Otherwise be stoked that we get photos and write stories for ALL OF THEM!

Ever see a Can-AM Press Release from the races? Yeah, those are usually UTVUnderground.com PHOTOS they BUY!

I know people think that I just push a button and pull bad ass videos out of my ass and that I only do this for Polaris but guess what??? THERE IS VIDEOS ON OUR YOUTUBE WE HAVE DONE FOR CAN-AM - JOHN DEERE - KAWASAKI and soon YAMAHA!!

Don't like what you see here? Well then I am sure there is another website that spends their time and resources to go to races to tell the story of all these awesome racers and their teams???

Thanks for taking time to shit on our site and our work...

No I won't ban you, that wouldnt be fair and logical. You can say what you want, but please know the facts...

thanks!

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
If someone pays you for a product or service, you give them their product. Pretty simple.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
If someone pays you for a product or service, you give them their product. Pretty simple.
Unfortunately many don't think thats the way it works. Many seem to think that I just choose to do Polaris videos on my own dime and ignore all the other OEM racers out there. These same guys have never watched, liked or shared any of the other videos we create because they are too busy complaining about the Polaris videos lol.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ycAeeUtz0A&list=PLafdRZtJSBY1xVclh4mEKxDGFuljhMK-X&feature=share&index=3"]UTVUnderground Vehicle BREAKDOWN: Murray Motorsports Can-Am Maverick Max - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLIHSO-Y2Uc&feature=share&list=PLafdRZtJSBY1xVclh4mEKxDGFuljhMK-X&index=7"]UTVUnderground Vehicle BREAKDOWN: Kawasaki Teryx 4 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAtNsy6z1QE&feature=share&list=PLafdRZtJSBY1xVclh4mEKxDGFuljhMK-X&index=10"]UTVUnderground Vehicle BREAKDOWN : Magnum Offroad's 2011 Can-Am Commander 1000X - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfohKIGywCI&list=PLCF922FDFEB31AC20&feature=share"]SHAKEDOWN: 2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat TRAIL (50inch) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIsk-TXqhuU&feature=share&list=PLCF922FDFEB31AC20&index=5"]SHAKEDOWN: JOHN DEERE RSX850i - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JKUxSnre8A&list=PL1EDF9642F2421CD7&feature=share&index=4"]UTVUnderground Presents: The 2013 Mint 400 UTV Race - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pZ84-PcCIQ&list=PL1EDF9642F2421CD7&feature=share&index=3"]The 2014 John Deere RSX 850i WORCS Race UTV Episode 4: The Test - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9yoE8j5R_c&list=PL1EDF9642F2421CD7&feature=share&index=7"]UTVUnderground Presents: 2013 BITD Henderson 250 UTV FINISH LINE - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUIyt7UKinI&feature=share&list=PL1EDF9642F2421CD7&index=33"]2013 Can-Am Maverick 1000R Desert Racing Highlight Reel - YouTube[/ame]

Let me know if you want me to link to more otherwise there are over 200 bad ass UTV videos, the baddest in the world, here: https://www.youtube.com/user/utvunderground

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Jesus Christ...

Notice the Polaris Logo in the beginning of the video>

They paid for it...

Its a POLARIS highlight video...

Would you expect Burger King to pay FOOD NETWORK to do a McDonalds review?

Why do I have to explain this over and over?

If you want to see a can-am highlight video then hit me up, I can let you know how much it costs to bring a 10-15 man crew all with RED cameras, helicopter, etc etc etc Otherwise be stoked that we get photos and write stories for ALL OF THEM!

Ever see a Can-AM Press Release from the races? Yeah, those are usually UTVUnderground.com PHOTOS they BUY!

I know people think that I just push a button and pull bad ass videos out of my ass and that I only do this for Polaris but guess what??? THERE IS VIDEOS ON OUR YOUTUBE WE HAVE DONE FOR CAN-AM - JOHN DEERE - KAWASAKI and soon YAMAHA!!

Don't like what you see here? Well then I am sure there is another website that spends their time and resources to go to races to tell the story of all these awesome racers and their teams???

Thanks for taking time to shit on our site and our work...

No I won't ban you, that wouldnt be fair and logical. You can say what you want, but please know the facts...

thanks!
Ha ha hee!!!!!! I warned you.:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000