Larger RZR fuel tanks are comming!

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
The good news is TrailTank is very close to releasing their new large capacity RZR fuel tanks. They have made a tank to fit the 08-10 800 RZR's which should be released in the next few weeks. Orders are being taken now. The 800 tank will fit both the 08-10 2 & 4 seat models and will add approx 2.5 gallons making the tank approx 10 gallons. All tanks use the stock pump and lines. The cost is $299. Seth the owner of TrailTank said he would offer a 10% discount to anyone who calls and say they read about in on the Underground.

08-10 RZR-S & RZR4 large capacity tank vs stock.

And right now they are finishing the molds for the XP 900 fuel tank which is expected to fit all 2 & 4 seat XP900 models. This tank also is expected to hold an extra 2.5 gallons making the total capacity 10 gallons. This tank is closer to a month away from going into full production. Same as the 800 tank this tank will use all stock pumps, lines & cap so it is a true drop in place replacement. Seth said the tentative price is going to be $339, and he will be offering the same 10% discount to anyone on the Underground who tells him they heard about it.

XP900 fuel tank mold vs the stock tank.

Just so everyone knows I have no affiliation with Seth @ TrailTank. I am just passing on the news as I have been pushing him to build a larger XP4 tank for awhile now. Two other companies were working on large capacity tanks, but one seemed to lose interest and the other, well the guy sold the company and the new owners do not seem interested or have any knowledge in how to build these tanks. So this left TrailTank as the leader in offering this to the market. Seth's goal is to release these two tanks first and then start working on a larger XP1000 tank. After that I might be able to convince him to build a true saddle tank that would utilize both sides of the XP4 rear seats. This would get approx 18 gallons which would be huge!

TrailTank
Beaverton, OR 97075
503-318-3139
http://trailtank.net/

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
I'm surprised more people on here are not interested in this. I guess I'm one of the few that needs more fuel range out of their XP's.

NYCEGUY01

Jul 9, 2012
I already upgraded my tank to just under 10 gallons.
It cost me a bit more that the $339 though...

My new tank came wrapped in a new XP1K4...lol

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Here is a picture of the test fit of the XP 900 tank mold. It looks to fit real well. It seems as if the XP4 has more room as the shifter bracket & cable are not above the tank. I don't know how much taller the tank is. It might still be possible to install in those who lowered the rear seats. I will try to find out how much taller the new tank is.

Also for the XP1000 guys they just received their XP1K fuel tank and will be starting soon on making a larger tank for them.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I spoke to these guys a few months ago. Its a great design and good idea especially for the desert / GP racers that are racing in series that allow for stock tanks. I told the guys once they come up with a 1000 tank to hit us up cause it will be a hot seller for sure!

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
The RZR-S tank should be ready and for sale any time now. The 900 test tank is finished and the molds are being made. I was told this process & tooling will take a few months. So maybe the end of September the 900 tank should be ready. As for the 1000 they got a 1000 tank in the shop and are starting to look at what they can do to make a bigger drop in tank for them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000