Larger Fuel Tank for the RZR!!

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Who has wished your RZR had a larger fuel tank? Don't like the idea of putting a spare gas can in the bed over the hot engine & exhaust system? IMO this is one of the most dangerous thing I see people doing with their RZR's. The excuse is "I need the extra fuel range". If someone was building a replacement OEM style fuel tank that held a few more gallons would you be interested?

I have been speaking with a company that makes high capacity snowmobile fuel tanks. All their tanks are molded with polyethylene plastic and are designed to bolt into your OEM location, using OEM pumps & senders.

They have started to see what they could do on the XP900. With only preliminary measuring they feel they can get at least 2 more gallons, if not more. This would put you at 9.5 gallons minimum.

Both the XP & XP4 use the same fuel tank, so this large capacity fuel tank would be a drop in replacement for both models. Now here is even better news for the XP4 guys. Under the left rear passenger seat, there is an equal amount of empty room that would allow you to double your fuel capacity. Some ideas have been to build one large saddle type fuel tank or to make a second tank that would act as a transfer tank to the main fuel tank.

BTW RZRS guys you have not been forgotten. They would also consider making a larger tank for you too, if there is a demand.

So what do you guys think? Would you want a larger fuel tank?

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
The problem I see is not everyone I ride with can make long trips and we usually turn around when the person with the least amount of fuel gets low.

Its a nice idea but is it really necessary? 80 to 100 trail tide a day is tops for most people.

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
interested also , but price would have to be fairly reasonable for a couple extra gallons.

blacksheep10

Jan 12, 2013
That was all of our pit strategy at KOH, whether to stop at pit 1 or whether we were going to make it. I mean a water bottle of gas would have meant the world. I think lots of racers will want it, Keep it under $600 and those going fo the win will buy, keep it under $400 and most racers will buy. Keep it under $200 and every other adventure/exploration rider will buy.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
A course price is always a factor in any modification or add on you buy. You have to consider price vs results. At this time and until the prototypes and testing is done, a set price will not be available.

But I can say the most expensive Snowmobile tank they make is $340 & the cheapest is $229. They were pretty confident they could make & sell this tank for less or at-least at the bottom end pricing of a Snowmobile tank.

The idea and way to keep the cost down is to re-use your OEM fuel pump, senders and lines. Most likely the fuel tank straps would have to be replaced and these and any other hardware would be part of the kit.

GOVACHO

Nov 8, 2011
Riverssippi
That's a great idea... I have a few ideas I would like to venture out and see what a company could do as far as an oversized tank and a in-bed gravity tank...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000