All UTV's LAKE ELSINORE: Work resumes on motocross park

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
A Wildomar businessman said Tuesday he has reached an agreement with the property owner of the Lake Elsinore Motocross Park to operate the park.
"We are reopening the track ---- that is what is happening," Gio Nanci said. "We've scheduled a target date of September."

Nanci was reluctant to provide details of his agreement with the property owner, Cereal Partnership Development, as well as his specific plans for the track, stating that it is premature to discuss that information.

He was firm, however, in stating his intention to reopen the facility, which had been a mecca for dirt-bike enthusiasts before it was closed about a year ago.
"We're going to do a lot of new things," Nanci said. "It will be a lot different from what was previously there. It's going to be big for the community and Southern California."

Lake Elsinore planning officials confirmed they have had discussions with the property owner and a representative of the future operator. Planning Manager Warren Morelion said the city has told the operator he can use the property as long as he complies with an existing permit.

Observers have reported seeing work being done recently on the property that sits off Cereal Street and west of Corydon Street.

"We're working on securing the property first, so nobody can enter the track," Nanci said. "Right now, it's a liability issue, and we're trying to solve that before we get heavily into what we're trying to do."

The park had experienced a bit of resurgence a few years ago when operator Randy Hiner had a deal with Lucas Oil to stage races there. Under Hiner's management, however, the track ran into some problems with the city in meeting various environmental requirements associated with its permit.

Meanwhile, Hiner sought somebody else to take over. By early 2011, he was out of the picture all together after running the business with his wife for 11 years.

The facility consists of a series of riding tracks on 93 acres. In addition to being open to the public for recreation, the park hosted a number of racing events over the years, including the Lake Elsinore Grand Prix motocross race in 2007.

Since then, the entertainment division of the Lake Elsinore Storm minor-league baseball team has organized the city's most renowned annual event and staged it over a course that runs through the rugged hills and canyons between downtown Lake Elsinore and the city's baseball stadium, where the Storm plays.

Lake Elsinore officials say the motocross track is vital to maintaining and building on the area's reputation for extreme sports opportunities. The park is located immediately adjacent to Skydive Elsinore, a pioneer in sport parachuting after opening in 1959 at Skylark Airport. The lake is a haven for high-speed boating and hang gliders launch from the mountains to the west.

Read more: LAKE ELSINORE: Work resumes on motocross park

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
we are going to be attempting to contact them to discuss. We have already been contacted by an affiliate for a new track who wants to work and discuss opportunties with UTVUnderground.com. We would love to be a part of a UTV specific track to play, race, and test on!!!!

I have also heard there is a strong chance that LOORRS would be coming back to LEMXP as well

tyler

Parkse5 - UTVUnderground Approved
May 27, 2009
mission viejo
Good news for sure! My first race was at LEMX for m4sx races. Even though I rolled in the main I was hooked after that!

VBosch02

Dec 3, 2010
Bellflower, Ca
I know what you mean about being hooked on racing Tyler. I’ve been hooked since I raced Ascot on my pw50 when I was 5. I’m hoping to race the WORCS race at Pomona in September. (fingers x) It would be my first sxs race. I'm guessing the bug will hook even deeper after that!

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Looks very cool. They did a great job.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7TIp1_VyIs"]Racer X Films: Lake Elsinore MX Park - YouTube[/ame]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000