LA FAMILIA-MILLER CANYON- LABOR DAY WEEKEND

Rokitman

UTVUnderground La Familia
Mar 11, 2013
Nipomo, CA
Ur killin me!!!!!! Lol
Yea, no kidding! Killin me too! I really want to meet you Brian!
Gee thanks Rich for showing me what I may miss:(. To ride with folks I know compared to riding with folks I don't know but want to meet also, puts me in a bind. Some folks have commited to the Hollister ride including my friend Ron so I'm on the ropes with this one. Geeeez, the tough decisions in retirement I face.:D
Oh well, life is just one challenge after another. I luv it!:)

coolcat

May 18, 2013
Chino,CA
Hope we don't run into traffic jams like tat up there. Rich what's the runs look like for Sunday? You guys doing most of the rock climbing Sat?

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Hope we don't run into traffic jams like tat up there. Rich what's the runs look like for Sunday? You guys doing most of the rock climbing Sat?
We normally don't have problems with traffic , if we get to a spot were there is traffic we use the rule up hill traffic has right of way or let the smaller group get thru , not to say every one thinks that way but it has worked well over the years even when we had 30 cars on the trails .

I'm in for Sunday for sure maybe Saturday too!
You got it I'll put you on the list 1st post .

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Yea, no kidding! Killin me too! I really want to meet you Brian!
Gee thanks Rich for showing me what I may miss:(. To ride with folks I know compared to riding with folks I don't know but want to meet also, puts me in a bind. Some folks have commited to the Hollister ride including my friend Ron so I'm on the ropes with this one. Geeeez, the tough decisions in retirement I face.:D
Oh well, life is just one challenge after another. I luv it!:)
Challenges that life . :D I'm sure you will like theses trails . :D

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
So who all is going so far?
Couple things can I get away without a winch? I have full skids and some basic tools, plugs, compressor, straps, any other must haves like parts?

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Couple things can I get away without a winch? I have full skids and some basic tools, plugs, compressor, straps, any other must haves like parts?
You'll be fine, no winch required. Another La Familia trait is no one gets left behind, period. If you break someone will stay and recover you. If you don't have it, someone else will, even if we have to go back to camp to get it.

Hell, we'll even do midnight runs in 30 deg. weather to rebuild the front end if needed, right Rich? It's been done more than once, and we actually kinda like those challenges, just not every ride!!! LOL!!!

Just come and have fun. The only requirement is civility and camaraderie. This is the best peeps around to go into the desert with, we've got your back!:)

Rokitman

Mar 11, 2013
Nipomo, CA
Just take a look at our Miller Jeep Trail thread at Frazier Park. It was pretty much a group effort to get Slacker and family back to camp (22+ miles), get dinner ready for the rescue crew, and not to mention helping those with flat tires on the way back. Yea buddy, you wont find a better group to ride with!

Rokitman

Mar 11, 2013
Nipomo, CA
At the risk of pissin off a few people that may have committed to go to Hollister,:( I decided to join you guys down there. :) You damn well better make it worth the 5 hr drive I have ahead of me.:rolleyes:. Just don't start the Sat ride until around 10 am to give me time to get there. I'll be leaving here around 4-4:30 am.

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
At the risk of pissin off a few people that may have committed to go to Hollister,:( I decided to join you guys down there. :) You damn well better make it worth the 5 hr drive I have ahead of me.:rolleyes:. Just don't start the Sat ride until around 10 am to give me time to get there. I'll be leaving here around 4-4:30 am.
Randy , I know you have a long drive but in order to be ahead of the trail traffic we normally leave about 9esh if for some reason you dont make it by then will have some one wait for you and get you to the group . Wait a minute your retired just come up friday night like most of us ?

Rokitman

Mar 11, 2013
Nipomo, CA
Randy , I know you have a long drive but in order to be ahead of the trail traffic we normally leave about 9esh if for some reason you dont make it by then will have some one wait for you and get you to the group . Wait a minute your retired just come up friday night like most of us ?
My pooch gets real upset when I'm gone more than a couple of days, but I will consider getting there fri.

dkiewicz

Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
My pooch gets real upset when I'm gone more than a couple of days, but I will consider getting there fri.

Bring her/him along. Plenty of pooches in camp. Hell I've been known to piss on a tree or three myself during the evening. LOL!!!:eek:

I ain't tried draggin my ass on the ground yet, something tells me it'll hurt the 'roids... They already hurt bad enough...
:D I know, I know!!! TMI...

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Bring her/him along. Plenty of pooches in camp. Hell I've been known to piss on a tree or three myself during the evening. LOL!!!:eek:

I ain't tried draggin my ass on the ground yet, something tells me it'll hurt the 'roids... They already hurt bad enough...
:D I know, I know!!! TMI...
TMI , LOL

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
So it looks look Saturday morning when I get off work I am going to meet my dad in Victorville and head out. I think I can make it in time for the meeting but it is going to be tight. I won't get to VV until 815 or so. Worst case I might take another day off or have to be a few late

dkiewicz

Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Rich,

I can hang back and leave around 10 and bring in the late comers if you like. We will meet you at Deep Creek and will just go through Pinnacles and not stop.

Dan...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000