L14/15 Polaris replacement axles different than original? Other parts issues.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
I have a several long travel axles and I bought an OEM rear to use the cv's and the splines on the inside are different. I asked the Polaris parts guy and he said they sell it as an assembly and it fits if you use it that way so no problem....I asked him to check with Polaris since I couldn't imagine they would be so stupid as to not realize all the aftermarket axles out there would not have cv available. He called back and said yes in fact he confirmed the change and said sorry.

So I grabbed my brand new secondary and left pissed off. I get home and install the secondary insert the clutch tool to install the belt and I can't get it to work. Wtf? I look closer and the aluminum is completely machined out where the tool grabs to open it.

Anyone else have this issue or am I missing something? Parts confirmed this is the correct part number.

702sandman

Sep 12, 2015
I know they make some different spline for some reason. Ex: a summers bros axle will not work with super atv cv's. According to friends that have tried that combo anyway. As far as the secondary the 14-15 is the same but the 16 seems different in the opening. You can still use the same stock tool but you have to be closer to the edge to grab enough meat to open it.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
As far as I know right now I can't buy a Polaris axle and use the cv on my old Polaris axle or my summers brothers. Turner is on my race car and they make their own everything. But my back up and older stuff is all Summers Bros.

The secondary I have is almost flush. When you say it's for an 14 model XP machine this is what you get. Polaris is a comedy of errors in my opinion. I'd fire top management and get people in there that can sail a ship straight. I know they make in Mexico but the manner in which the XP RZR line up is managed feels like a Mexican mfg more than American. I know it sounds "racist" whatever call what u want. I'm Mexican and a key component of our product was transferred to Mexico and you would not believe the mismanagement. Great workers and craftsmen but the management I wouldn't hire to push a broom.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
George Felix calling someone else a "comedy of errors"

That's Funny!!!!!!
You really are a dick Vanderloo. Your just a tag along. When you fund your own race car in Baja you'll still be a dick but at least you can say you did it. Was a disappointing race to blow the motor but were underfunded undermanned and under dogs. Your still mad because I made you look bad at the mint.

That's Funny!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: facteryfmf

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
You really are a dick Vanderloo. Your just a tag along. When you fund your own race car you'll still be a dick but at least you can say you did it. Was a disappointing race to blow the motor but were underfunded undermanned and under dogs. Your still mad because I made you look bad at the mint.

That's Funny!!!!!!
Seems as though Vanderdick has his own program.....and won KOH this year.....Hmmmm

Reactions: Heybeerman

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000