Kohler Diesel UTV engine or any other diesel engines

UTVNewbie

Jan 9, 2015
hey guys,

I would like some personal feedback on the Kohler Diesel engine installed on the Polaris Ranger Crew 2015.

I searched this engine on the net and amazon sells it for approximately 5K. But something that caught my attention was a comment from someone who bought this engine and made reference to be a Chinese engine. Perhaps someone who works directly with Polaris can find more info on this claim.

I am also want to find out IF there are any other UTVs in the market equipped with diesel engines and any with American design and manufacturing.

I am not taking a direct hit to Chinese manufacturing. However, future part replacement is imperative to me and the record with Chinese manufacturing equipment hasn't been good for me.

Thanks guys
Joe
ps I did a search for kohler diesel but didn't find any current discussion on this subject. thanks!

hardcharger81

Nov 30, 2014
Elk Grove CA
The only other UTV's I know of that are diesel powered are the Kubota and the Bobcat. I'm not sure what your plans are but these are very utility oriented. I have experience with both. They're very low to the ground and not going to set any speed records. On the other side, they're super useful from a maintenance/grounds keeping perspective. The Bobcat actually can be fitted with all sorts of accessories similar to a Bobcat tractor.

As for where they're built, I'm guessing the Kubota is built in Japan and the Bobcat used a Kubota engine, but I'm unsure as to where it's assembled.

As to Kohler engines, I'm very familiar with them as well. You'll maintain them, and maybe change a few parts on them, but the cost to rebuild them is prohibitive. Atleast the gas ones are. They're pretty much a throwaway motor once they hit 3500ish hours in the small equipment I repair. With that said, parts are available.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000