KOH IRC tracking

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Don't forget the installation kit and the antenna...

$175 for the unit lease,
$100 for the fixation lease or $375 to buy.
Not sure if that includes the antenna...

but oh well, got pay to play....

07turbo

Dec 4, 2010
For those of us that know nothing about the tracking devices, could someone tell me what all we need?

I read posts on Pirate4x4 talking about the rental fee for everything needed is $550.

Are there cheaper aternatives out there?

I have a call into IRC, but from comments in the posts on Pirate, I'm not sure hw much help that will be.

megonzo

Jan 25, 2011
Cedar City, UT
Judging from the Ultra4 web site, the UTV cost is $375 which includes a one time install of all the hard wire ( :confused: ) The tracking device lease is included.

My guess is that the one time wiring cost, antena, etc you get to keep...but the unit itself gets returned. Next time you race, you're all wired so the cost will be considerably less.

A least that is the impression I got...? Check out the IRC web site too. They have the forms ready to roll for the race on Tuesday.

SXSPerformance.com

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Nov 10, 2011
Ontario, CA
Hopefully this will Help explain it a little better for everyone. I'll try and make it as simple as possible. Don't mean to offend anyone just trying to take the guessing out of it.

Tracking unit rental $175.00 You have to pay this no matter what, it is to use the box on race day. Box is collected by IRC at the end of the race.

To use the box you must have a bracket, the two antennas, and power cables. Here you have a couple of options.

1. Buy all of the hardware and you keep it forever.
$375.00

2. Rent the hardware for race day and you return it with the tracking box after the race.
$100.00

3. Replace your existing hardware if you have already been an IRC customer
Antenna $150
Antenna $100
Bracket $75
Power Cable $50

So best case scenario you are at $275 for the IRC if you have never used IRC before and worse care you are at $550.

SXSPerformance.com

Nov 10, 2011
Ontario, CA
Also, It's a good idea to have a power and ground wire from your battery wired into your car where you are going to mount your IRC box. Doing this wile you are prepping your car will save you a lot of time on Wednesday trying to wire it at the IRC booth when you pick up your equipment.

megonzo

Jan 25, 2011
Cedar City, UT
Just wondering...the figure that we came up with is $375 installed...right? Is IRC going to install the hardware? I've seen the stuff...and really don't want to break or destroy the box. I've seen the bracket welded to the roof of a car. Does IRC offer sale of their bracket prior to the race (like the week before?)

The cost to replace the unit is wayyyy out of our budget. And I must repeat the $2,500 replacement cost scares the death outa me. :eek:

I am so easily confused...does it show?

SXSPerformance.com

Nov 10, 2011
Ontario, CA
Just wondering...the figure that we came up with is $375 installed...right? Is IRC going to install the hardware? I've seen the stuff...and really don't want to break or destroy the box. I've seen the bracket welded to the roof of a car. Does IRC offer sale of their bracket prior to the race (like the week before?)

The cost to replace the unit is wayyyy out of our budget. And I must repeat the $2,500 replacement cost scares the death outa me. :eek:

I am so easily confused...does it show?
Do you want to buy the bracket or rent it? If you buy the bracket it's $550 and if you rent the bracket it's $275.

IRC will usually help if they are not busy but it's pretty simple to install the hardest part is the connection to your battery. These boxes are tough (well unless there is a fire.)

If you buy the bracket they will ship it to you ahead of time so you can install the bracket before you get there.

megonzo

Jan 25, 2011
Cedar City, UT
Thanks,

This will take an executive decision. hummmmm....:confused:

I hope my UTV insurance will cover any leased devices(just incase). Gonna check that out on Monday....I need some piece of mind here. :)

slowandold

KOH or Bust!
Aug 29, 2011
FWIW, I just rented the iritrack box and the fixation kit. This is the only race I will run this year that requires it so no point in buying it IMO.

Per Mike L (as he noted above), While doing my wiring I did add a power lead to my battery and a ground for it...

Derek

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000