KOH 2015

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
I traded a few messages with Dave Cole and he said a stock Polaris cage with roof would be fine. I specifically asked if the Desert Edition would be legal and he said, yes, with wrist restraints.
Jon, just making sure we are clear here...... I can run a stock caged Xp1000 with a Pro Armor aluminum roof? Another question, can i cut slots in the stock seats and run the harnesses through them to be legal?? I just don't want to run into any surprises

Thank you
Branden

American Rock Rods

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Jan 27, 2012
Denver, Colorado
Jon, just making sure we are clear here...... I can run a stock caged Xp1000 with a Pro Armor aluminum roof? Another question, can i cut slots in the stock seats and run the harnesses through them to be legal?? I just don't want to run into any surprises

Thank you
Branden

No idea on the seats, but I would venture to guess that it would pass tech. Best to call Dave and ask. Aftermarket 1000 seats are pretty cheap though, and as I've said before I'll sell products to racers at my cost if they are on the registration list just to help get more entries.

As for the roof? Pro needs 0.040 steel roof, or .125" aluminum roof. Sportsman can get away with a standard thin style roof, or even a fabric roof.

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
No idea on the seats, but I would venture to guess that it would pass tech. Best to call Dave and ask. Aftermarket 1000 seats are pretty cheap though, and as I've said before I'll sell products to racers at my cost if they are on the registration list just to help get more entries.

As for the roof? Pro needs 0.040 steel roof, or .125" aluminum roof. Sportsman can get away with a standard thin style roof, or even a fabric roof.
It wasn't a matter of buying seats, it was more that my visibility in my stock seats is way greater than any aftermarket seat that i have sat in. It is more of a preference thing at this point. I know company's are making pieces that slide into your stock seats for when you cut the center out of them

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
Jakes first KOH. Shhhhhhhh. Initiation at backdoor monday night. Shhhhh. Muhahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
Ultra4 Racing will be doing the live show to draw names for the UTV, 4500, 4600, 4700, 4800 classes at 4 Wheel Parts in Compton, CA on January 8th, 2015 in the evening. This year only the 4400 class will be qualifying for start position. All other classes will be selected via a random drawing, and all the names will be drawn at 4 Wheel Parts on January 8th, 2015! Teams are invited to join us at the store for the drawing or they can follow along online at www.ultra4racing.com/live

NO QUALIFYING for UTVs

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
There are currently 40 UTV Drivers signed up to race the Polaris KOH UTV Race during #KOH2015! The winner will be receiving a Polaris Razor xp1000. They won't need to take it home from the lake bed, we'll arrange for them to pick it up from a local dealer!

calstyl2

Hammer Rescue Pilot
Dec 22, 2011
Cherry Valley, CA
The logistics of doing qualifying for all the classes was a major burden last year, from Motos to 4400 classes it was 3 solid days. This year will be much simpler, as far as course, expect a much rougher desert section:eek: and more sand:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000