King of the Hammers Info

SXSPerformance.com

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Nov 10, 2011
Ontario, CA
Be sure to check out this video series OffRoadpress is putting together. They had Dave Cole in the studio and will be releasing a series of videos over the next week talking about the King of the Hammers and the events that will be taking place during the week. There is a ton of good info!

[ame=http://youtu.be/GXv7rFoEfi0]OffRoadpress.com interview with Dave Cole video - YouTube[/ame]

ROTR

Rock Crawler
Mar 9, 2011
Utah
www.rallyontherocks.com
Hey I've got a friend that wants to run KOH in his new wildcat. The stock seats are high back and have the look and feel of a suspension seat.
There is even a hole for the shoulder straps to go through. Can he run the stock seats?

Thanks

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Thanks Mike. Can you tell me what days we will be able to pre-run?

SXSPerformance.com

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Nov 10, 2011
Ontario, CA
You will be able to prerun Friday, Saturday, and Monday. Not sure about Tuesday and Wednesday yet. I'll have to see where they stand with the LCQ being run.

Brian B

Jan 15, 2009
Thanks.

Can you please look into this for us? Most of us will not be there until Monday night.

megonzo

Jan 25, 2011
Cedar City, UT

I would like to know who thought that last years course wasn't tough enough. :p Out of how many starters there were 6 finishers?? (not counting the couple of guys that limped in at dusk?)

As one of the finishers, I feel very comfy saying that last years course was just right. Not too (machine distroying) hard, and definately not easy. Just right. Remember there are a few recreational drivers that don't have sponsors that just cough up the cashola for repairs. Some of us ordinary folks like the healthy competition and the rush of the rocks. 'just sayin.' :D

megonzo

Jan 25, 2011
Cedar City, UT

I would like to know who thought that last years course wasn't tough enough. :p Out of how many starters there were 6 finishers?? (not counting the couple of guys that limped in at dusk?)

As one of the finishers, I feel very comfy saying that last years course was just right. Not too (machine distroying) hard, and definately not easy. Just right. Remember there are a few recreational drivers that don't have sponsors that just cough up the cashola for repairs. Some of us ordinary folks like the healthy competition and the rush of the rocks. 'just sayin.' :D

Brian B

Jan 15, 2009

Agreed!

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM

Agreed X2... my repairs come out of my pocket, not big sponsors... If the repairs cost too much, then I don't race another race down the road...
Keep in mind, if we had endless funds or big sponsors, we sure the heck wouldn't be racing in the UTV class, we'd be in the main event...
Keep it reasonable or lose racers next year...

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Like Dave said in the video, if you want a desert race, look for another series. :D
Spoken like a true sponsored racer..LOL.

If it is like last year, I think that would be good. But when only 6 out of 16 finish, is it good to make it harder? I say grow the sport first, then when you have too many entering, make it harder so as to weed out. I'm glad to see 36-40 racers entered, but if they make it harder and only 5, 6 or even 10 finish this year, then how many will come back next year.

I don't think anyone wants an easy race Jon, but not one that only the unlimited cars like yours will finish or not break. I can see Joanne's point and I certainly don't want to come home having to spend a couple thousand dollars to fix things that broke (just think if you tried to run the EMC race on the Main Event course, next year you wouldn't have anyone show for the EMC race). I don't think she wants an easy course either...but it all adds up... $475 entry isn't bad at all, but a $50 racing license that will be used 1 time this year is a bit much, add in the minimum $275 for tracker and mount rental, then the expense of getting there (not everyone lives in California, fuel alone to drive there and home for me is $480), etc, etc... it adds up. So when the thought that the course is going to break cars enters your mind, it worries some...quit thinking like a corporate guy and think like a average Joe that builds his own car in his own garage and pays all the expenses himself... Keep in mind, there are only 10 or less that are coming to race for the money... most are racing for the fun, so keep it fun.

If you make it a game of who has the most dollars, then say goodbye to it being a growing sport, lets just crown Jagged X the kings of everything off-road and it's over. Remember when Jeremy McGrath was winning every supercross race year after year, the sport actually suffered for a couple years because everyone knew that Jeremy was going to win again, no one cared to watch.....

Just saying... :D

megonzo

Jan 25, 2011
Cedar City, UT
Like Dave said in the video, if you want a desert race, look for another series. :D

Like Dave said, and you seem to agree with him-- I say OK--. If I kill my machine this year...I will not be back again. And if anyone asks.....trust me, I will bring up the topic of ... "Sponsors, and exclusionary tactics" for the UTV driver.

Take the 'out of my yard build 'little' guy', who is willing to race out of the program and frankly, that (imo) is not what UTV racing should be about. But... I will be more than happy to comply. Color me gone from any more racing after this year. :mad: (should be easy as I only do one a year).

Exclusionary tactics make it not what I feel UTV racing should be like.

One of the reasons I love the ISA is the level playing field that it provides . A real refreshing voice in the UTV industry.

By the way, didn't I pass you last year? HAHAHAHAHAHA! See ya at Hammertown. :D "Just sayin..."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000