King of the Hammers Entries Due Dec 15th

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
Just wanted to post a reminder to everyone that the Pitbull tires UTV Race presented by SXSPerformance.com is getting closer and the deadline for Entries is Dec 15th. All entries received after Dec 15th will be subject to a $100 late registration fee.

Make sure you get those forms in early. The draw for starting positions will be based on all entries received on the Dec 15th date.

megonzo

Jan 25, 2011
Cedar City, UT
Just wanted to post a reminder to everyone that the Pitbull tires UTV Race presented by SXSPerformance.com is getting closer and the deadline for Entries is Dec 15th. All entries received after Dec 15th will be subject to a $100 late registration fee.

Make sure you get those forms in early. The draw for starting positions will be based on all entries received on the Dec 15th date.
Whoooa! I thought that it was going to be a 'draw of straws' for starting positions? Darn... Teacher, I forgot my homework(It will be in the mail Friday). Everything is paid for--just the stupid paper.

<sniff sniff> :D hahahahaaa...

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Hey Mike, just checking cause I didn't see it anywhere, but can we fax in our entries if we paid online, then bring the original signed copies to the event?
Glad to see the online payment option...

SXSPerformance.com

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Nov 10, 2011
Ontario, CA
I just spoke with King of the Hammers and they have only received 5 entries so far! Be sure to get them in prior to the 15th.

fees can be paid online but the entry forms need to be mailed in with original signatures. By mailing them in ahead of time it will make the registration process a lot easier at the event site.

megonzo

Jan 25, 2011
Cedar City, UT
I just spoke with King of the Hammers and they have only received 5 entries so far! Be sure to get them in prior to the 15th.

fees can be paid online but the entry forms need to be mailed in with original signatures. By mailing them in ahead of time it will make the registration process a lot easier at the event site.
Hi there,

I mailed mine in a week ago..registered return receipt. Have yet to receive the green card back. hummmm... Anyway, I received a call from Dave Cole today, and will follow up tomorrow and make sure that the forms are in. There are signatures from UT and NV on them, and it took about a month to get them all... !!

Oh NO!!!! :eek:

edit to add:

AH HA!! USPS tracking shows that the forms were delivered Dec. 1st. 'phew'...

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
Just got a call from Dave Cole. He received my registration and wanted to know where I was going to pit. I told him that I was going to be out were we camped last year. He said that we were all to be assigned pits because a few UTV racers complained last year. Huh?

I have no deisre to camp down in the pits and told him I didn't need a pit unless required. He said OK. Anyone else get a phone call?

megonzo

Jan 25, 2011
Cedar City, UT
Just got a call from Dave Cole. He received my registration and wanted to know where I was going to pit. I told him that I was going to be out were we camped last year. He said that we were all to be assigned pits because a few UTV racers complained last year. Huh?

I have no deisre to camp down in the pits and told him I didn't need a pit unless required. He said OK. Anyone else get a phone call?
Yep, got the call and I'm taking the Pit offer, for convience sake:D. The ULTRA4 website has a Hammertown map, and it looks like the cars/UTV's will be cruzing through an area 'away' from the local 'pit'/camp area. Last year the cars went right through the camp/street area...great viewing, but the dirt and dust left a lot to be desired.

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
obviously I am not racing but I don't know why anyone would want anything to do with Hammertown when it comes to "pitting". You can't really "pit" anyway during the race so whats the point??
That was my thought. Unless they are setting up the pit during the race in Hammertown, I don't want it. The dust down there was ugly. Much prefer being up and away like we were last year.

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
It was said last year that we could camp outside of Hammer Town, but there was to be no wrenching or working on vehicles in the camp. Vehicles had to be fueled or worked on in a designated pit in Hammer Town. It was said that if BLM or law enforcement saw us wrenching that we could be dq'd.

megonzo

Jan 25, 2011
Cedar City, UT
obviously I am not racing but I don't know why anyone would want anything to do with Hammertown when it comes to "pitting". You can't really "pit" anyway during the race so whats the point??
Geeezz...I guess we are a member of 'anyone'. We were at the end of the open 'pits' last year. And we camped. It's very nice of Dave to be thinking of the UTV's and offer an assigned pit.

We have two rigs, I'll have to find an area for the other 3+ when they arrive. (having orange cones and caution tape is a must. <snicker>

megonzo

Jan 25, 2011
Cedar City, UT
It was said last year that we could camp outside of Hammer Town, but there was to be no wrenching or working on vehicles in the camp. Vehicles had to be fueled or worked on in a designated pit in Hammer Town. It was said that if BLM or law enforcement saw us wrenching that we could be dq'd.
That's why we are taking the 'assigned pit' offer. We have every intention of 'wrenching'... all BLM rules have to be adheared to--tarp, extinguiser, etc.

During the race last year there was a KOH rep at our remote pit observing....making sure that the rules were followed... Did you buzz through the remote pit or stop? Knowing how speedy you guys were, ya probably just buzzed right through.;) BTW, Loved the free dermabrasion treatment. :D<SNICKER>

megonzo

Jan 25, 2011
Cedar City, UT
I had a couple of posts just disapear....(and I think Brian Bush had one go south too)..but I managed to save my last post to Brian--

That's why we are taking the 'assigned pit' offer. We have every intention of 'wrenching'... all BLM rules have to be adheared to--tarp, extinguiser, etc.

During the race last year there was a KOH rep at our remote pit observing....making sure that the rules were followed... Did you buzz through the remote pit or stop? Knowing how speedy you guys were, ya probably just buzzed right through.;) <SNICKER>

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
lol - I did stop to refuel but my fuel and/or pit guy was nowhere to be found! My rig was sputtering out of fuel as I crossed the finish line. Barely made it back into Hammer Town!

megonzo

Jan 25, 2011
Cedar City, UT
lol - I did stop to refuel but my fuel and/or pit guy was nowhere to be found! My rig was sputtering out of fuel as I crossed the finish line. Barely made it back into Hammer Town!
We were lucky with the remote pit, HCR & Above it All racing (Buzzies pit crew & Cassies-?-) had everything set up and Frenchy didn't even need his tarps. This year...well...we have the crew, but again...it's logistics. :confused:

It's verrry important to have your remote pit near one of the porta-potties. :D 29 miles incuding elvis and martel can do a world of hurt on us ol'folks. Share a pit with another crew..that is the way to do it. You end up with about 15 guys for one machine, and every nut and bolt gets checked.

We have to hook up before the race, eah? ;) We will probably be the only people in Hammertown with an ol'Gear Box. :):):)(iow--HAHAHHA)

SXSPerformance.com

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Nov 10, 2011
Ontario, CA
Ok guys, here's the deal on pits....

You don't have to have a designated pit inside the pit area of Hammertown. Ultra4 is offering up pit spots to UTV teams and all teams so that everyone has a fair shake to have a spot. From my understanding they also have to designate the work areas within their event area for impact studies.

Wile some may not like the dust that was there last year remember the year before when there was rain and it was awesome to be close to the center of the action.

I don't know that Ultra 4 knew that all the UTV fans and racers made their own camp away from the actual event site.

The race will not run through the center of hammertown this year and will only run on the outskirts of town. With the UTV race being a single lap you will start and finish in hammertown and your only pit option will be midway through the race similar to last year.

Feel free to camp where you like but if you would like a reserved spot inside hammertown get your entry form in and call and reserve your spot. I know racing many desert races that I would have loved to have a reserved spot when I got there and not had to worry about getting there early to mark something off.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000