Kawasaki Kawasaki Teryx4 Standard Bore Kit by Benchmark Performance.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
So as many of you know I am big fan of the T4 platform for the type of riding I do. Johnson Valley, Ocotillo Wells, Lake Havasu, Glamis North, Truckhaven, Baja and a few Glamis trips. In almost all locations I wish I had some more power.

I reached out to Chris at Benchmark to see what I could do to wake up the Kawasaki 750 Twin. Chris suggested a standard bore kit. This kit consists of a high compression piston (still pump gas friendly), cams, valve springs, bored throttle body, head work, custom map, Muzzy exhaust, clutch work and a custom MAP for optimum performance. I told Chris if I drop my car off in early Jan can I get it back before KOH on Feb 1st. His confidence and reputation for quality was all I needed to pull the trigger.

To make life a little easier on Chris and his crew I removed all the crap that was in the way. And there is a ton of stuff.

GOLF CART DORK.

BlackDog

Jan 21, 2013
San Diego
Very nice. Finishing up my 2010 I gave a similar treatment to over the holidays. Just no head work or throttle bodies. Could not quite afford to have them do the work (not that it was a bad price) but Chris set me up to do it myself, even let me pick up the parts and swap cores on Christmas eve, and answered a question over the phone that saved me towing the Teryx out to Ramona. The motor is back together and running but the clutch is still apart so I have not had a chance to try it out yet but I cannot wait.

Enjoy your soon-to-be new found power.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I installed a muzzy system today. Once the car is fully taken apart the install was easy.

GOLF CART DORK.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Anybody that has been around UTVs for any period of time knows of Benchmark Performance and there ability to get power out of motors not intended to make power. When I made the decision to see if I could squeeze some power out of my Teryx4 my first call was to Chris.

Tonight I made the trip from my home in Menifee to Ramona to deliver my Teryx to his shop. Now the fun begins. Stay tuned for updates as they come in.

GOLF CART DORK.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I picked up my car from Benchmark late on Thursday night before leaving for KOH for a week. After thrashing all weekend to get it prepped and back together I loaded up and headed to the Hammers that Monday.

I will go into more detail later but after a week of bashing monster whoops, crawling up sandy canyons, ripping across dry lakes and rock racing it's safe so say this package is bad ass. Cruising speed in the 50's with power to accelerate even on sandy incline. Top speed around 63-64mph on the dirt with 30" tires is rad. There is more power but the clutch limits the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: ROTAX and ALEX

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
You have clutch done and PCV? Is it your opinion this kit is a reliable upgrade and will offer years of trouble free motor performance?? Thanks Rusty

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I have the stock ECM. Benchmark mapped it for optimum performance. Benchmark also did the clutch. I feel this motor upgrade is a must have for all Teryx4 units. It's like a new machine now.

GOLF CART DORK.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
No, it's a Standard Bore Kit.

Specs:
750cc
High Compression Pistons
CNC Ported Heads
Bored throttle bodies
Web Cams
Muzzy Exhaust