Kawasaki Friends and Family Calico Ride 2015.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
A large group of my friends went to Calico Ghost Town this past week end. The 66 space OHV friendly section was packed with Teryx machines of every shape and size. This was my first time to Calico to ride. To say I was impressed is am understatement. Here are a few pics and a video of our adventure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tatum and Glamisfan
Feb 26, 2014
Bakersfield
Looks like you guys had a great time. Calico is a fun place I haven't been in awhile but now your making me want to go again.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

blue bear

Jun 24, 2013
Callico was alot of fun, yet very expensive, but I also got to see the Finer side of our sport, A side to our sport that hopefully you all are familiar with. Friday night, the second night of riding produced some epic adventures, and costly lessons. I drive a 2015 RZR 1000 with Polaris high clearance lower arms and radius rods. (bad idea), Here is why: Hit a rock hard enough, the arm tacos. see the picture below. Long story short, the next morning we reached out via social media asking if any fellow off roaders were in the area, and might have some spare arms for sale. Well let me tell you, within minutes, a Worcs racer from Apple Valley got in touch with us and said he may be able to help. Boy did he. He not only had a few take off arms, but loaded them in his truck and drove 45 minutes to meet me, not having a clue who I am, but just to help save my trip. The cost for the arms you ask, free! So let me recap, A guy i have never met, who just happens to have parts i need, Takes his saturday morning, loads up parts that I need, And drives almost an hour to help me.
Awesome! So I feel compelled to thank him in writing, and to hope that this story encourages everyone out there to help out people in need. So Thanks again Kip From Apple Valley! You are a Awesome guy, with some good karma coming your way!
That said, I also realized that the stock ball joints that are being held in with snap rings are in my opinion, a very week link. After putting everything back together i couldn't stop thinking i needed to upgrade. So the boys over at Lonestar racing are sending some of their race proven arms and radius rods so i can get back on the trails in no time. Thanks to Rusty, UTVUG, And Kip! Below are a few pics from my experience. 20151107_081611_resized (1).jpg 20151109_141516_resized.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: Simi Dude

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000