Johnny UTVinc moving to TT Spec?

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
Rumor is Johnny you moving up to TT Spec class next year?

Care to squash rumor or elaborate?

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
Rumor has it I may have moved up 1 position in the points standing next year......But that has yet to be confirmed.

Reactions: JoeyD23

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Well you don't register for a class number if your not planning on racing in it??

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
LOL fucking rumors ... well I did step up and have purchased a 6100 truck I also did get Score to save me the ##21 Number for next year I would like to do BITD in the RZR and Score in the Truck

heres some more details
Truck 2 years old but current Gieser Chassis USED but
new Danzio Motor
New Kroyer Turbo 400 Transmission with the good stuff in it
New GearWorks Rear End
New Fox Shox Package 4.4 with the Cactus Coolers
add Fox Bump stops to the front of truck
add Gieser Front Sway Bar
Spare Rancho Turbo 400 Transmission
Ordered 1 Spare Body and 1 more extra set of bed sides
truck came with 8 Walker Wheels and 8 new and used BFG Tires
ordered 14 Method Race Wheels
ordered 10 BFG 37" Tires
ordered 4 Spare Drive Lines
upgraded GPS from 7" to 10"
Ordered two Pressurized 150 Gal Fueling Tanks
Ordered New Flatbed 22' Trailer with Drive over Fenders and 70 Gallon Fuel Tank under Deck
Ordered New F-450 and getting ready to order a low profile Harbor Service Bed for it so I can still haul goose-neck trailer

Details 3 to 4 MPG
Truck will eat a brand new set of rear tires in 300 ish Miles so every other pit it gets new tires
65 Gallon Tank so plan pits around 150 ish Miles
New Drive Line Every Race

I have never Rode in a off road race Vehicle besides a UTV and I have no clue as to what im doing and I might not be able to handle much more then the 110 HP Ive been racing with but I have to give it a try.

as Joey D. would say "Fuck it build another one"

also in the Market for a nice Air Conditioned Pre Runner

Looking for 1 Major Sponsor for the side of the Truck

I will most likely be homeless by the end of 2016 but I will have raced and answered the question and if even for a short time I will have LIVED THE DREAM
I thought you said "it couldn't be any more expensive than racing utvs..."
You might wanna rethink that statement. And yes you're gonna need some really good sponsors. Your results in your first year of racing the 6100 will get some some sponsors for sure.

dmcmark

Apr 20, 2012
That's like going from a Kia to a Caddy. Won't be casing the frame in the rutted out big whoop sections in that thing.

Reactions: Johnny

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
why a rabbit on the door ? and yes It might end up costing a bit more but Rick and Jeff Gieser also for some unknown reason think I might do well and are helping me out alot but either way im going racing and the truck I bought is even upgrade-able to full on TT if I do well ..

Reactions: kornfed and JoeyD23

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Shoot i thought you were living the dream now.

Very cool...Good Luck in the truck next season!

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
Sample Spec TT 6100 ... just for anyone who wants to drool.... gosh, so much envy can't be good for my soul. lol

How much HP these things produce?

Reactions: kornfed

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Please! Please! Either rethink the Pressurized Fuel tanks, or make it your # 1 priority to have your crew 100% trained and have designated fuelers. This system has been the hottest, biggest debate as of late. It's also been the most dangerous and why BITD changed the fueling & pit crew clothing rules this year.

Other then that good luck, I doubt you will want to get back in the UTV for the BITD series after just testing the TT Spec. I've been in 5/16's, 1600's, 10's, class 1 & TT. I can say a top of the line class1 does not compare to a top of the line TT. Yeah it's that big of a differance. So imagine going from 1900 to Spec TT? Insane!

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
You just went from "BAMF" (bad ass mother$ucker) to being the guy that scored the playboy playmate of the year ;) You are literally living the dream all of us golf cart races wet our bed to... Good luck buddy, you are gonna have one helluva ride :)

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
Thank You and yes I have already meet with the Maker of the fuel tanks and after our small fire fueling our car at the Baja Sur Race my team already has fire suits and helmets or headsocks and googles for our fueling guys. also went with the BITD approved fuel system that has the double dry break for Venting.
so we will be suited up even for UTV fueling in the future

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Good Luck! I agree you probably not be back in a Utv. Even if you don't knock it out if the park at first I'm sure you'll figure it out. Question.... Are pressurized fuel cells pressurized w nitrogen? I know fuel tankers are as are all flammables in transport. Nitrogen displaces all oxygen.....don't inhale it though because it will displace all oxygen in your lungs too and you won't be happy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000