Other John Deere set to Introduce new 50HP Gator XUV

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
I am headed to South Carolina next week to try out the newest from John Deere. The new Gator XUV has an 825cc, 50 HP engine and sport tuned suspension. Sounds pretty fun!

Be sure to check UTV Guide next Thursday and Friday for all the information on the new Gator XUV.

It will be interesting to see what they have come up with.

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Yeah, I heard about it at the John Deere Dealer meeting last October. They said it should have about a 44-45mph top speed though. Still gonna be a farm vehicle, but more on the line of a Ranger though.
I'll be looking forward to hearing what you have to say about it Jon.

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
Not sure if its true or not but it is supposed to beat all the other UTV's 0-45 but once it hits 45 its done. That being said its probably geared for torque and work use.

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
I don't think it will be as sporty as a RZR S, Teryx or Commander, but it will be interesting to see what they have come up with. A few years back I drove a XUV with an FMF pipe in it from the factory. Sounded cool, but still didn't have it for sport use.

The 45MPH speed limiter is most likely just a computer controlled thing like 41MPH for the Rhino.

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
I don't think it will be as sporty as a RZR S, Teryx or Commander, but it will be interesting to see what they have come up with. A few years back I drove a XUV with an FMF pipe in it from the factory. Sounded cool, but still didn't have it for sport use.

The 45MPH speed limiter is most likely just a computer controlled thing like 41MPH for the Rhino.
Yes, John Deere uses a computer speed limiter, which allows the top speed to be maintained as the belt wears, unlike most other manufacturers that lose top speed as the belt wears.

They've had this setup on their XUV Gators for a few years now. Which also brings the possibility of increasing the top speed with computer programmers or controllers.

I will say though, the engineers do listen to the dealers. I talked with the design engineers a few years ago about use of 14inch wheels and the benefits, they listened and now are going to them as well as many other dealer and user submitted ideas.

It is quick off the line too. It is designed to pull very strong all through the bottom-end range. The frame doesn't lend itself very well to anything other than farm and ranch and hunting use, but it's probably the strongest frame on the market. It's hydroformed using several hundred thousand pounds of water force and is quite thick. The OPS cage is suited for many add-ons and the larger bed size allows for installing rear seats with plenty of legroom (A few manufacturers have canopy tops and rear seat kits that bolt right onto the JD OPS cage and bed).

Jon, let us know what you think of it. One of my biggest gripes with John Deere Gators was the metal bed rattling and the stiff suspension (JDs aren't happy till they are loaded heavy), but it seems that they may have corrected that with these new machines.

John Deere will never be a sport machine, but they will most likely continue to be the strongest, most durable and quality built machines in their class. Nothing Runs Like A Deere....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000