JAYPEE's New SXS Build

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Figure that user name out! - UTVUnderground Approv
Dec 13, 2009
X2, im curious myself. im working in Alhambra right now, which is where RPM is. i'm going to stop by tomorrow and see them and find out options if any.

thanks for all the info guys, its really helpful; im really going back and forth on the whole motor/gear drive combo. i dont want to be underpowered or have gearing issues. if the RC51 isnt the right motor for this set up and type of riding, i want to know as can easily get my hands on 4 cyl. all you imput is greatly appreciated...

BTW. what are your thoughts on the 05 GSX-R 1000? anyone run this motor in their builds?

JLeeper

J-Leep - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 9, 2009
My friend runs a gsxr1000 with a Jeffco. Great duner but still has issues with diff. Think he runs it too hard:rolleyes:. As for your gearing I can tell you your cage better be "Overkill" if you want to this to go faster than 80 mph. Don't know what type of driving you plan on doing

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Dec 13, 2009
the car will be overkill for sure... im a desert rider and have been for a long time. the car will have +10 boxed arms, will be a foot longer then a rhino, and will be built of a combination 13/4 and 11/2. the car will be stout. thats why i was leaning more towards the V twin for the torque.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I was going to go with a gsxr1000 but decided to drink the coolaid and stick with what everyone else is running for the ease of getting parts.....running the r1 I wont have to 1 off everything.....plus the R1 was CHEAP:eek:

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Dec 13, 2009
i can get the motor for probably 500-700 bucks complete with low miles. everything minus the cluster... thats why i brought it up. i just keep thinking the v twin will be a better fit for the type of riding i do. but deffinetly dont want to be under powered. Turbo is always an option too, but wopuld prefer to do without.

Rory, i know your car will do 90, but how does it pull to 60?

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Dec 13, 2009
0-60mph is insane. Lets get together soon so you can drive it. 909-721-1589. I will let you by me a beer or six.
ill call you tomorrow, but if i can sell the RC51 its outy! i just bought a 05 GSX-R1000; couldnt pass up the price. if the RC51 doesnt sell for a resonable price, ill have both for a while and toss it back and forth...

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Dec 13, 2009
its not about that bro, its about just trying to be somewhere where i can be perceived for who i am not what someone may fabricate about me. lets leave it that and not bring it up again. please respect my request you guys know how to find me if you need to to discuss this stuff off line.

so back on topic; i finished my jig, but in the process of dealing with a company change, phone changea and computer change it has made it difficult to post up pictures. i should be back in business next week and will start posting pictures again as well as new equipment im buying for my build as im setting up a shop at my house so i dont have to be going back and forth from the shop. also will make it a little easier on the old lady and hopefully keep my kids involved so they can learn the skills...

as most of you know, im so undecided on the powerplant and probably will be for a while. i will take Rory up on a ride in his rhino befor i completely rule out the 51. but i am deffenetly leanin g more towards the Busa at this time. we ar also in the proccess of entering all the rhino suspension points in cad as well the spindles and rear uprights with the intent of starting design on the arms next week. the reason for using the rhino as a template is because i feel that if im going to build something we might as well make it so others can enjoy it as well other than just having one off part no one can use.

my goal will be to run stuff no one has seen before and be original in as many was as possible. as always money and time will be what determine the end result. but i will do my best to keep you guys interested. some of you also know that this car is intended to be a theme car (smokey and the bandits), which will hopefully make a photo shoot with Burt Ryenolds and his car from a movie and my boy steve's desert car.we have a pretty good connection and hope itll go down, so im pretty stoked about this build in a lot of ways... we'll see how it goes and will keep you posted...

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Dec 13, 2009
Thanks Joey, a few more days and ill have my program together and will put some more pics up... this who company swap thing is taking a toll on my ability to communicate by email/web...

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Dec 13, 2009
heres a few pics of the jig... the steering rack jig is removable for the guys that were wondering how i get the chassis out of the fixture... lol.. basicly the beginning, the jig will grow from here; but these are the basic points for the arm pivots and the jig a foot longer then stock. once im done with my build im going to make the jig adjustable from stock to 1' over stock length... pretty easy really and no reason to have a rhino frame anymore...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000