Ivan Stewart back to racing in BAJA!! Check it out..

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
That's awesome!!! I use to go to the races when he raced. Super nice guy, he will talk to you like he is just any other person. Super smooth driver too. Maybe he can school these other guys on how to make a clean pass.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Re: Ivan Stewart bahck to racing in BAJA!! Check it out..

Maybe something has changed, but I thought Ivan was hired as the "Team Coach" and is not driving. I was told Ryan Millin, Andy Bell & Jamie Bestwick were sharing driving and a few TRD engineers would be navigating.

The truck was being built out of the Herbst shop. If I remember Toyota did this a few years back with a SUV, which Ivan did drive a short leg.

I believe Toyota is doing this just like they did before and why Ford has done this with the Raptor. It's to promote how tough their stock trucks are.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
That is so awesome. Use to love watching him race and playing his video game as kid.

Is he going to live up to his name "Ironman" and drive that Tundra the 1200 miles? Now is Ford going to have a Raptor in that class to race with him?

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
You guys should read post #3. If your thinking Ivan's driving, your going to be disappointed.

My understanding is Ivan is part of this program because Ivan continues to hold a Personal Services contract with Toyota, and anytime they do something off-road they are going to want Ivan associated with it. Ivan has no desire to drive. He's more into his electric bikes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000