Can-Am its time to sell

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
after 1580 miles in the dunes with my Maverick its time to let it go. I spent a year and over 12k fixing and upgrading the first year model. Now its perfect, bulletproof and a blast to drive.

Check out my ad in the classified section

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Nice cage, MDD! I am sad to see your Mav on the block, but was happy to hear that you are as much excited about the building process as you are the driving experience.
So, with the UTV's CVT system in its latter years, will you wait to start another build until the next model year (2015) is released? It would be a shame to invest in a drive system so prone to headaches, if there is a change around the corner. Am I losing one of my three fans :(? Ha hee

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Nice cage, MDD! I am sad to see your Mav on the block, but was happy to hear that you are as much excited about the building process as you are the driving experience.
So, with the UTV's CVT system in its latter years, will you wait to start another build until the next model year (2015) is released? It would be a shame to invest in a drive system so prone to headaches, if there is a change around the corner. Am I losing one of my three fans :(? Ha hee
I think he will stick around once it is sold. You have more than 3 fans. LOL!My guess is he will wait a little bit before getting his next ride. His Maverick is very nice and even better looking in person. Who ever ends up with it will be very happy.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
i am still on the fence of selling it or not. what i really want is more wheelbase and a little more power. I could cut the car in half and move the rear diff back and front forward then add a turbo and reflash, exhaust, bigger throttle body and be happy. Or i could just cut the rear end off and build trailing arms, box in the rear end with sheetmetal and add a little wing. Or just keep it and drive it like it is.

just undecided on what to do, the only thing i know i want is a project. Summertime is comming and i need something to take my mine off the 110* days in the summer time.

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
Move the rear diff back and extend the wheelbase and turbo it. Thats the answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
It would be a fun project to watch. If you are looking for a longer wheelbase, why not look at getting a 4 seater and turn it into a 2 seater. I would think once you cut it up the resale value, if you do not like it, will drop.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000