Its not a dune buggy!

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
Anyone else fed up with neighbors and others calling your ride a dune buggy?

mosslager

Nov 4, 2009
The best so far is a coworker called mine a dust bunny...She asked if I took my dust bunny out and I was like what.....I then said ...you mean dune buggy...she says yes...dune buggy...

Bart

UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 10, 2012
Canyon Lake, Ca.
it dont bother me...because if i am talking to someone that doesnt know any better, if i say, Rhino or SxS....they have no clue what im talking about and i end up having to explain it....so i end just calling it a "buggy" or some form of that...

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
HaHa

We were out at the street sign at TDS. I pull up for my turn to climb the face after two others failed. Guys were asking if I was really gonna try that in a dunebuggy. :cool:

mosslager

Nov 4, 2009
Maybe whats funny is dune buggy is always followed by Rhino...I loved my Rhino but the fact it is now used to describe any SXS is comical...I don't refer to all quads as Banshees

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
ive heard buggy, golfcart, jeep, rhino. my neighbor calls all utv rhinons. thats just wrong. and calls all rock crawlers jeeps.

mmmmm bacon <O:p</O:p

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
whats wrong with golfcart? I can fit a couple sets of clubs in the back.....

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
It shows the power of first to market and name branding.

Anyone remember, "Can you make me a Xerox?"

They wanted a photocopy, but for years it was called a Xerox because they did it first.:cool:

This reminds me of that exact scenario...

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
Whenever I tell people that I have a Teryx, the look at me like :confused: And then I begin to ask them if they now what a Rhino is.... And then they are like aaaaahhhh!!! :rolleyes:

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
You call it a "Buggy" and all your gonna get is a Jethro... :D

Better try "Bentley", might work better for the ladies, just sayin...:cool:

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
I've always had Buggy's or Prerunners and we call our XP4 a buggy. Its what my 3 year old calls it, so that is what we call it.

And for those offended by the word "Buggy" you should only wish it was called a Buggy! UTV should be the bad word as AB1595 gave UTV's their own classification and laws. UTV's must wear helmets and so on, yet in a Buggy you are free to do as you please.

And for those who have had to describe it as a Rhino, I'm with you. I have had to do the same thing when people have asked what I have. I say a UTV or Polaris 4 seater and they look complexed. I say its like a Rhino and they go "OK I know what your talking about".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000