All UTV's ISA NET RULE

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
bacuase of how i want to use the bar type hardware thats about as much coverage as i can get ...and do i need to do the little trianbgle areas too?

karter44

2013 WORCS 850 CHAMPION
May 9, 2010
I would think you would have to bring it back to the B pilar. I don't believe your arm would reach enough to come out the front piece, but who know's.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
i wanted to take it to the b pillar but i have that gusset on the top. Its not like any part of my body can go behind my shoulder

tyler

Parkse5 - UTVUnderground Approved
May 27, 2009
mission viejo
Do the nets have to be SFI certafied? Twisted Stitch nets are not! Cut that gusset out and move it to the inside.

SXSPerformance.com

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Nov 10, 2011
Ontario, CA
12.9.20: SAFETY NETS
ISA approved safety nets are mandatory on all vehicles and must cover the complete open area of the cockpit on both sides of the vehicle to the extent that it is impossible for any limb or body part of any occupant to protrude from the vehicle at any time when the occupant is properly seated and strapped in their normal driving / riding position.

12.9.21: Nets must be installed on the inside of the roll cage to prevent them from being damaged or coming off in a roll over or slide on the side.

12.9.22: Nets attached to doorframes are permitted when doorframe is equipped with a latch that prevents it from opening and locked permanently closed.

12.9.23: Nets must be installed so that the occupants can release the netting unassisted and exit the vehicle regardless of the position of the vehicle.

12.9.24: The net border or edge and the net attachment must be made of materials that are as strong as, or stronger than, the net itself. Net attachments must be at a minimum of every 6 inches. Acceptable attachments include, but are not limited to: steel hose clamps, snaps, lift-a-dot, metal hooks, and steel rods. Nets must be tight so that when subject to a pushing force of approximately 50lbs the net deflects no more than four inches.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
Fyi i plan on using the rods to the inside of the car so i could go past the gusset. The question is the interpretation of 12.9.20.

When i am properly seated in my car there is no way for my arms to go out any opening behind the net i have designed.

Would you mike L go for this or would you say it needs to be more to the rear.

SXSPerformance.com

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Nov 10, 2011
Ontario, CA
If it were my car I would be putting a net over the entire opening, not just the front part of the window. Sitting in your seat can you put your hand behind your head and outwards? I would think you would be able to. That net might protect you fine going down the road but If you take a violent roll over your arms could fly about the cab and possibly outside from what I'm seeing. For the extra work it requires to do the full net now I believe it will be well worth it the first time you have to use them for their intended purpose.

Somewhere floating around there is a video of Johnny Greaves in a roll over and you can see how much your arms move around. Maybe joey knows where to find this video.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Casey, I'd tab it to the inside so that it just misses the gusset. And its the "C" pillar that you guys are discussing that it need to run to. The "B" pillar is where its starting.;) Did I mention the ISA sounds like a PITA...my 2 pennies

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
i am tabbing to the inside and ive already changed it to go all the way back . no worries now. Templates are already to TS. Should be here soon. NEXT ISSUE lol :D

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
KC, that first picture you posted, would pass BITD tech inspection. If it passes BITD, i say it passes ISA.

FABWERX1

May 31, 2011
Casey, I'd tab it to the inside so that it just misses the gusset. And its the "C" pillar that you guys are discussing that it need to run to. The "B" pillar is where its starting.;) Did I mention the ISA sounds like a PITA...my 2 pennies
"
I agree jim.
I would think "most"people would buy predone nets that
are available thru most motorsports distributers.
Having to cover every inch of the opening is not necessary.

karter44

2013 WORCS 850 CHAMPION
May 9, 2010
Your right, my bad!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000