Is Cory Sappington and the UTVRA relevant?

kornfed

May 13, 2015
Costa Mesa
www.tetraracing.com
We are continuing our NA build and going to race BITD 2016 with that car. If Polaris keeps the same chassis for the XP4 Turbo as the 2015 XP4 and we can put that motor in our car, then we will update. Otherwise we will have an underpowered long wheelbase car. I think I would like a longer car with less power than a short high power car. Rolling the dice on whether or not Polaris does a Chassis update. If anyone knows about that, please let us all know. That would be great for a lot of racers that have XP4 NA cars.

I basically see the writing on the wall. The top Pro Class is going to allow turbo factory sealed motors. If I get lucky and Polaris keeps the chassis, then I have a car that can run with the pack for 3 years I figure. If they change the chassis, I am screwed....

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
We are continuing our NA build and going to race BITD 2016 with that car. If Polaris keeps the same chassis for the XP4 Turbo as the 2015 XP4 and we can put that motor in our car, then we will update. Otherwise we will have an underpowered long wheelbase car. I think I would like a longer car with less power than a short high power car. Rolling the dice on whether or not Polaris does a Chassis update. If anyone knows about that, please let us all know. That would be great for a lot of racers that have XP4 NA cars.

I basically see the writing on the wall. The top Pro Class is going to allow turbo factory sealed motors. If I get lucky and Polaris keeps the chassis, then I have a car that can run with the pack for 3 years I figure. If they change the chassis, I am screwed....
I would assume the chassis the stay the same. The 2 seat chassis did not change so I cant imagine they will change the 4 seat.

Reactions: kornfed

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona

im not trying to be a dick here but did you not notice us racing against the turbo can ams .. the wall has had writing on it for a while ? why did you not notice that in the last 6 months and wait for a turbo ?

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
and the whole trophy truck thing come on so your really saying is they spent tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands every year to up grade to bigger shocks, sway bars, bumps spots, better computers, better brakes, ecet ect ect .. upgrading a chassis to a turbo drive train on a race rzr is not going to be that big of a deal compared to building a new car at 50 60 70 Grand .... ... a 4 wheel drive trophy truck just finished a race and a second one is already on order I dont see the whole tt class selling to upgrade .. let alone the turbo TT sales skyrocketing after they started racing the first turbo TT

so after a year of racing a NA RZR I would think you would want to put in a new motor new tranny new front diff ect ect whats that going to cost you ? now minus that from all the you need to upgrade to a turbo if thats what you want and its not as bad as it looks

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
a 4 wheel drive trophy truck just finished a race and a second one is already on order I dont see the whole tt class selling to upgrade ..
Just for the record, the whole 4 wheel drive TT is nothing new and not something Geiser invented. There were two well known TT's way before the new RPM #4 4 wheel drive TT. One was the Team MacPherson TT called Big Mac, they also had a class 7 called Little Mac, that was 4 wheel drive. Then you had the Herbst who raced a 4 wheel drive TT up to only a few years ago. Just saying!

Reactions: acme

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
and the whole trophy truck thing come on so your really saying is they spent tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands every year to up grade to bigger shocks, sway bars, bumps spots, better computers, better brakes, ecet ect ect .. upgrading a chassis to a turbo drive train on a race rzr is not going to be that big of a deal compared to building a new car at 50 60 70 Grand .... ... a 4 wheel drive trophy truck just finished a race and a second one is already on order I dont see the whole tt class selling to upgrade .. let alone the turbo TT sales skyrocketing after they started racing the first turbo TT

so after a year of racing a NA RZR I would think you would want to put in a new motor new tranny new front diff ect ect whats that going to cost you ? now minus that from all the you need to upgrade to a turbo if thats what you want and its not as bad as it looks

But aren't the trophy truck considered Unlimited? Limited and unlimited classes? SO is that not really a far comparison?

Reactions: acme and COGNITO

kornfed

May 13, 2015
Costa Mesa
www.tetraracing.com
im not trying to be a dick here but did you not notice us racing against the turbo can ams .. the wall has had writing on it for a while ? why did you not notice that in the last 6 months and wait for a turbo ?
No all good. I thought that there would be more push back against the turbos and that the drivers would win that fight. So I bought the XP4 1000. Wanted to be like JOHNNY... The boards were full of push back about the turbo cars. And other classes kicked the turbos out so I thought PRO UTV would be the same. To me it doesn't matter. I just want to race against guys like you and have a chance. If I can put a turbo in my 2015 car, great, if not then great. Still going to be racing. Either an Alba race engine or Stock Turbo motor. Our first race will be the BITD Parker 250. Your race. :) Going to be fun... Race car 1992 for BITD and SCORE... All set...

Bret901

Team South 1922
Apr 4, 2013
Memphis TN
upgrading a chassis to a turbo drive train on a race rzr is not going to be that big of a deal compared to building a new car at 50 60 70 Grand ....

This right here. Couldn't agree more.

My thoughts buy a new turbo Rzr swap everything over. Put your old drivetrain in the new Rzr chassis and sell it for 10-12k

You've just upgraded your 50-70k Rzr build for 13k and half of it needed replacing anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dmurray

kornfed

May 13, 2015
Costa Mesa
www.tetraracing.com
This right here. Couldn't agree more.

My thoughts buy a new turbo Rzr swap everything over. Put your old drivetrain in the new Rzr chassis and sell it for 10-12k

You've just upgraded your 50-70k Rzr build for 13k and half of it needed replacing anyways.

That is great, but you cannot put the XPT turbo motor into a XP4 right now and race it. Cory said no. Unless I read that wrong...

The vehicle has to exist as a turbo and the chassis has to be the same. Someone put some rules quotes in earlier that explained that...

If Polaris makes a new chassis for the XP4 turbo your race car is a boat anchor or the coolest car at Pismo beach, but you cannot race it in PRO UTV... So that is why I asked if the new Turbo XP 4 was going to be the same chassis as the 2015 XP4. No one knows. Coyne called Nick at Polaris and he will not say anything about the new XP4 Turbo. Nothing. Top Secret... So do you buy a 2 seat and take the chance...

Bret901

Team South 1922
Apr 4, 2013
Memphis TN
I would buy it and get started, history says it's all but guaranteed, I'd just hope it comes out before Parker

No way Polaris builds a new chassis for the xp4

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I bet they drop the 4 Seat Turbo at CAMP RZR 2015 Glamis. Huge party, Big HP family wagon is perfect for Glamis. It makes sense to me.

dmurray

#1917 BITD - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 13, 2010
Eastvale CA
www.murrayracing.com
Joey, I never said the OEMs should dictate the rules. Only that all OEMs are going to want their latest and greatest on the track to compete with each other with rules similar to now. I think most racers also want the fastest and best units on the track. If you dont go buy the fastest, or the best suspension product on the market available than why do any of us race??? Why do we spend thousands on aftermarket parts? Its to win. Its to have fun. Its for the adventure of our sport. Re the 5 cars in years, Yes I said its crazy. If we could have upgraded platforms with motor swaps we would not have had to. But the way the rules were we followed them and had to in order to be competitive. Thus with many racers request, and the speed of new platforms rapid releases I have heard that motor swap upgrades are allowed in 2016 keeping virtually all of the current cars eligible to compete at a much lower price than building from scratch. I think this is a great move. Its good for everyone.

I just posted in another thread, that there should be a Limited class. Put limits on it, keep the cost lower and hopefully it will be a place for growing the class and allowing some of the cars compete for years to come. I just don't see putting the new extreme machines from Yamaha, Honda, Can Am, Polaris, and Arctic Cat that push the limits in an unlimited class with to many rules as helping any of the OEMS. (who drive much of this class with support)

3 classes
Pro Production- Best of any OEM UTV<1000cc
Limited- keep turbos out, only cvt, keep gear boxes out. Keep superchargers or any other crazy tech out.
Unlimited

My .02

Reactions: shane88

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000