Ironworks Speed & Kustom builds an XP4 to go racing with Cognito #Hellraiserxp1k.

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
Hay Guys, I have been a long time lurker on this forum. I have been racing all kinds of cars many years. Road course with muscle cars, Dirt track hobby stocks, Go karts and I tried some rally cars last summer and loved it.

I own a pretty high end fabrication shop in Bakersfield where we have had some pretty good success building some really nice cars for some great customers over the years.

( www.ironworksspeedandkustom.com )

This chassis

was under this truck

This chassis

Was under this car.

The guys in my shop took interest on going to try some desert racing after seeing some of the Hellraiser cars the guys at Cognito were building ( We are both from Bakersfield ). So I figured it would be cool to try our hand at this to have some fun with some thing outside of cars you have to constantly keep clean.

I took our base chassis over to Cognito to have them tack up the main chassis to their Hellraiserxp1k chassis so we could TIG weld our chassis and kind of have a hand in some of the construction. We have been using most of theirs parts and have done a few things different just because we wanted to give the car our own spin. Main because we like orange and not red. :D:D:D

Sorry some of the pictures are crappy cell phone pics. But you get the point.

I will work to keep you guys updated as the progress moves along and business slows down enough for some free time.

ALEX

Mar 26, 2010
I have that truck as my screen saver it's what I use to motivate me to finish mine lol

UTVUGJake

Feb 11, 2013
Thanks for posting up your build! Looks good.

Really though I can't stop drooling over that truck!

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
I have that truck as my screen saver it's what I use to motivate me to finish mine lol
Thanks for posting up your build! Looks good.

Really though I can't stop drooling over that truck!

Thanks guys, That was my personal truck I sold 3 years ago this weekend at Barrett Jackson in Las Vegas. That truck put us on the map and lead to quite a bit of other great projects. We have quite a few projects going currently that will make that old farm truck look bad. Just sayin.......

My favorite part of that truck was these pedals.

Thanks again.

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
Thanks Guys. I will try and get some pictures up today of the progress we had on the car this week. We are getting closer. Working on installing Mil spec connectors in the wiring harness to clean up the install a lot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000