Yamaha intake

SKEETER9

Oh 8 7 Hundy - UVUnderground Approved
Feb 12, 2009
El Cajon
well i aint bought it yet so.... tell me y?????? is it a dry filter???? hook a fella up home slice???

SKEETER9

Feb 12, 2009
El Cajon
ok this is the dealio.... the small indents on hood.. im goin to cut them open so they are like lil hood scoops.... now which intake guys???? come on fellas whos running wat etc....:eek:

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Im going to do a comparison soon with the high flow K&N kit, the standard Rhino UMP filter, and a larger UMP filter based on the RZR/Teryx Can. Ill be sure to post my findings. (It will be on a Benchmark 686, so flowing alot of air over stock).

FYI, I did 60 mph on the dash with a full desert race cage and 26" bighorns with the UMP filter, HSR45, ProCircuit Duals, CDI and machined sheave (stock motor). So I think it flows pretty good.

I was only able to do 54 on the same stretch with the stock carb/intake/exhaust, same CDI and mach. sheave. 25" bighorns.

Plus the UMP filters out way more dirt, and lasts longer than any other filter between cleanings. Those two things make it the winner in my book, especially for dusty conditions, even with some power loss from the restriction. Sand on the other hand, where max HP is important, and not much dust, I would probably do the AFE.

family wagon

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
I have a 660 and running the pro-tec moflow set-up, I like it and the idea they had with moving the filter out of the engine comparment. I have to say it is pretty loud tho when on the gas, well that was before I got the Rugged set-up :D Dont think this will help you out tho

SKEETER9

Feb 12, 2009
El Cajon
Yea it will still be under the hood... im thinkin about goin with afe only becuz it stil has box to protect filter... unless i leave top off stock airbox or sumthing along those lines.... watdya think

SoCal

I'm a Toy Haulin Hooligan - UTVUnderground Approve
Jan 16, 2009
Orange Ca.
I have a 660 and running the pro-tec moflow set-up, I like it and the idea they had with moving the filter out of the engine comparment. I have to say it is pretty loud tho when on the gas, well that was before I got the Rugged set-up :D Dont think this will help you out tho
Got a link or pics of this set up?

family wagon

Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
I don't have any pics but I can take some tomorrow if you want to see the set-up in a rhino. You can goggle pro-tec moflow intakes and it will show you what it looks and how it hooks up

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
damn my cheap and easy setup works pretty well for me, just a k&n slapped directly onto the carb...

get the right size filter and slap that bad boy on and 123GO!!!

family wagon

Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
Yea it sits like and 1 1/2'' above the hump, I like the fact its get cooler air and it doesnt get that dirty at all. It has the sock that goes over the K&N so that gets most of the dirt not the filter. I prob wash the filter every 3 to 4 rides and it really doesnt did it but I feel its better that way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000