Yamaha ?input on muzzys?

FernandezRacing

Off Road Swap Meet - UTVUnderground Approved Spons
Jan 15, 2009
Does anybody have any input on the muzzys exhaust system on a rhino 660?????????How do they sound and how much power gain.?????What jet is needed?????

Getting my muzzle tomorrow..I cant wait, The rhino goes 50 down a paved road now with out a muzzy exhaust.How fast is it going to go with the muzzy on and re- jetted ?????

If no replys,I will have some input this weekend...

loco

Loco Time - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 18, 2009
Placerville, CA
What mods you have on your Rhino? I've been courious to hear the sound of a Muzzy. They sound awsome on a Teryx, but that is twin cyclinders.

rjv

RJV n' NC - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 2, 2009
NC
The muzzy sounds good on the 660 and 700, and it is not crazy loud. It does not sound as good as the muzzy on the teryx. I have seen a 660 with a cdi, sheave, intake, jetting, and the muzzys run 63mph and 0-40 alittle over 5 secs. The jetting and the intake is worth around 2 hp, and the pipe worth around 4.5 hp. Before the pipe and intake it was almost 8 tenths slower 0-40. I would start with around a dj175 with the pipe. Not sure what other mods you have so thats just a guess, a air/fuel ratio gauge is a must for proper tunning. If you have alocal shop have them dyno tune it. I hope this helps.

FernandezRacing

Jan 15, 2009
Rjv thanks for the input, I have A foam filter with open lid,and CDI box right now, so for the most part its stock.Waiting on the muzzy to come in and i might have to get a muzzle for this rhino??????

drewallen42

Jan 30, 2009
Just did mine on a 700. I gained about 8.5hp with a Muzzy and MSD. My first run (blue) was with stock exhaust, Rigid Intake, and a Dynatek. The second (red) was MSD, Muzzy, and Rigid Intake.

I'll be taking it out this weekend but I'm happy with the power results. Pulls a lot better than it did.

rjv

RJV n' NC - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 2, 2009
NC
I that test was on a 700efi, so no jets. Did you get your exhaust yet?

FernandezRacing

Jan 15, 2009
I that test was on a 700efi, so no jets. Did you get your exhaust yet?
Recieved my muzzy yesterday, the thing is bad. I should have it on today to test the power,I hope...........

FernandezRacing

Jan 15, 2009
Still waiting on 2 crush washers that go between the header and motor,on order at temecula motorsports.They have 1 in stock,When there's 2 needed?You think order more???????????

Question: The muzzy came with a heat lube is that just for the header bolts?
is there anything else that gets lube or is the rest dry fit?

Im not your local mechanic...LMAO

FernandezRacing

Jan 15, 2009
Yeah, I should have listened to MAGNUM OFFROAD the first time, Dan I had to order 1 so im waiting, I was trying to save the drive when i should have picked them up when i got the exhaust "idiot" now who's paying me!!!!!!!!!!

FernandezRacing

Jan 15, 2009
The muzzy's are bad azz, they look awsome,sound awsome, and takes off like a bat out of hell!!!!!!!!! Well worth the money, the way they mount they dont rattle anywhere like the stocker.

Rhinos doing BURNOUTS NOW !!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000