John Deere ibleedblue's rsx 850i

madviking

Mar 15, 2014
Yes i think it was aprillia racing cams. I will have to look again but i thought it was around $1200 for the set :eek:
Well, the stock 76hp cams from the Aprilia 850 will only set you back $184... if you ever get to that point. I'm sure there's more to the extra power than just cams... higher compression, maybe different cylinder heads, intake.

ibleedblue1385

Feb 9, 2014
It was time for a new air filter so figured i would go with a k&n filter, and it was only $10 more. In case anyone needs to know the part number is e-4961. The filter is about an 1/8'' longer so slight air box modification was required.

ibleedblue1385

Feb 9, 2014
Made door inserts today. Plexiglass painted with a light coat of truck bed liner, matches the factory look almost perfectly. I think they turned out awesome.

Nike

May 19, 2014
That looks awesome! I'm looking at going the plexiglass route on mine as well but was planning on painting them green. I may have to rethink the green and consider Bedliner as that looks factory.

Nike

May 19, 2014
Did you need to change the air filter already or did you just want to switch to an k&n? Do you have any pics of the air filter mods required? How many hrs/miles do you have? I know Deere recommends an 8hr service so I'm just asking.

Also, I like how u utilized the stock mounting holes for you led light. Where did you get it from?

ibleedblue1385

Feb 9, 2014
Did you need to change the air filter already or did you just want to switch to an k&n? Do you have any pics of the air filter mods required? How many hrs/miles do you have? I know Deere recommends an 8hr service so I'm just asking.

Also, I like how u utilized the stock mounting holes for you led light. Where did you get it from?

Have almost 30 hours on mine. Ive already changed the diff fluids twice(mostly to get out the metal specks from break in) and the trans oil once. Ive already blew out the stock filter with air because it was pretty dusty. I can post pics of the airbox mods. All of my lights came from tribal whips, i really like there lighted flag pole.

Did you just buy an rsx?

Nike

May 19, 2014
Yes, I just picked mine up on Tuesday. Been sick ever since so I've been patrolling the forums hard!

Only have 2hrs on mine is far. Do you have any recommendations regarding break-in, oil intervals, etc?

I will look into tribal whips! Thanks! Following here and gatorforums

ibleedblue1385

Feb 9, 2014
Yes, I just picked mine up on Tuesday. Been sick ever since so I've been patrolling the forums hard!

Only have 2hrs on mine is far. Do you have any recommendations regarding break-in, oil intervals, etc?

I will look into tribal whips! Thanks! Following here and gatorforums

I pretty much just followed the break in listed in the manual. Changed my oil at around 6-8 hours, and have always used the 0w 40 syn john deere oil. John deere does offer a better oil filter that i would recommend if your machine came with the standard am125424 filter.

ibleedblue1385

Feb 9, 2014
Did some riding this past weekend at the silver lake sand dunes. Put 40+ miles on the gator and it did great. Has been a great purchase.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000