I think it's broke...

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow

What do you think?? Haha

So who has the best swaybar for the xp900's. I've seen cognitos just curious what else is out their and good. I like to rockcrawl so don't want a crazy stiff one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rokitman

UTVUnderground La Familia
Mar 11, 2013
Nipomo, CA
Jeeesh buddy, what were you doing? I broke stuff in Moab doing stuff I shouldn't have but what were you doing you shouldn't have?:rolleyes:

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
I'm innocent I tell you! Nothing too crazy I think it was more of the new shocks over working the stock bar.

dmcmark

Apr 20, 2012
At least you didn't break something else. Bet you could shop around and get a stock replacement cheap. Buy 2 and have a spare and still be money ahead.

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
Used ones are still 100 plus shipping. This one didn't last long after after the new shocks but still lasted 1800 miles

Plumber

Ridin' Dirty
Jun 26, 2012
Apple Valley
I have the cognito. If you install it be sure to gusset your trailing arms as my sway link has wobbled out of the arm and oblonged the hole. I will have to weld a flat plate in the arm now.

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
Well I got a call tonight from my dad and he just got back from a ride and is pretty sure the cognito sway bar broke on him. He thinks it's in the middle and didn't get a chance to take the boxes out to see for sure. He could hear something banging around and it had a lot of body roll. I told him to send me a picture tomorrow when he takes it apart. I didn't see any info on there site about warranty but I'll wait to see what exactly happened.

Last edited:

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Just hit them up on this site and ask them, they are members here

Peternuts

Jan 8, 2011
I broke my stock one finally this last season. So I got one that was a little stiffer then stock and one weekend out it broke the bolts out of the trailing arms. Now going to make new trailing arms.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
If you need to replace your sway bar check out Hellwig sway bars. Hellwig builds great sway bars for everything, it's what they do. I have their rear sway bar on my Class A motorhome. Its a big ass bar! They make sway bars for both the XP900 & 1000. Sean Cook (Speed Energy UTV) runs the Hellwig bar. I think it was Sean who approached Hellwig to build UTV bars.

Cool features of the Hellwig sway bar is its solid Chromoly, not hollow tube. Because of this the bar is much smaller in diameter then stock. The bar has two adjustment holes so you can soften or stiffen the bar. It comes with a lifetime warranty. And the best part is you can get the bar with new bushings & hardware for under $200.

http://www.hellwigproducts.com/products/utv-sway-bars/

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
I would have got the hellwig bar but I didn't even know they made it. I like the adjustable part.

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
He hasn't looked yet. The trailing arms are fine he said. I'm hopeing he looks today. I think it's either the bar broke or broke the mounts at the frame.

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
I do too but the high speed cornering gets pretty tricky haha. It sure rode super smooth when the stocker broke.

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
I would have got the hellwig bar but I didn't even know they made it. I like the adjustable part.

Hellwig makes our bar for us. We are the ones who started this with them 3 years ago. If you have a problem just let us know, but I bet you broke the frame mount, it is common, we offer frame gussets for that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
Yeah I will probably call you either way haha. I haven't seen it yet since my dad still has it with him. I'll be around it tomorrow if he doesn't look by then. I'd rather replace the bar than rebuild the frame mounts haha.
I'd like to have the adjustability of making it softer or harder. But the bar felt good to me when I drove it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000