I HATE KNOCKOFF LIGHTING COMPANIES!

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Maybe Rigid, Vision X & Baja Designs should offer an Econo version "China light" under a subsidiary of the main company. Like Hella has done with the Optilux brand of lights. All those lights are China built versions of HID & LED lights. BTW are you going to knock Hella for buying China LED lights and selling them under the Optilux brand? What about KC? They bought Bullydog LED lights? Which spec'ed a light that was fully China assembled.

I bet many would buy an Econo China assembled Rigid if they had one available. This way your getting a more affordable light , yet still buying from a US company, and hopefully getting USA support.

As long as the Rigid's , Vision's & BD only chose to build top end stuff, their will always be a market for the lower more affordable entry level product and some else will control that market. They mine as well know they can't stop it, so join it and grab a share of the market.

Apr 6, 2013
If you want some night pics of a 30" Sirius bar let me know I'm pretty happy with mine.
im interested also.. I haven't heard from this brand(or maybe I have with a different name) please pm me the info or link for them..
FYI...Osram was the first to grow a InGaN (Indium Gallium Nitride) layer on a 6" silicon wafer...Why is this IMPORTANT?!?! White and blue LEDs has historically been manufactured with GaN (Gallium Nitride) or InGaN on 2" sapphire wafers (very expensive). This new process will reduce the cost of the LED by upwards of 85%.

Other things not discussed are type of MCPCB (Metal Core Printed Circuit Board), used regulated junction temperatures on the LED module, type of voltage regulator, Vf (forward or "turn on" voltage) in an LED is critical, as temperature rises, the Vf drops (not good!), so how you manage heat is super important.

One other thing, I can guarantee, that there is not a light bar company that doesn't purchase their LED modules from (non InGaN on silicon) from China. However, with this Osram breakthrough, it could give existing 6" FABs (outside of China) some wafer starts to produce them at comparable cost.

20 years in semiconductor industry will open you eyes to the global market, China isn't all bad, but the quality from one place to the next is vast!
one of the most accurate post in the ENTIRE thread...

Apr 6, 2013
for some reason those Sirius bars look a lot like Auroras(at least for the pics I have found).. it might be another sales window from the company..

so if they are auroras. ill would go with them... :D

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Bullydog lights are built in the USA at least they were when KC got involved with them. They started in a small shop in the city my shop is in. I have there 30" light bar it works great. I know a few people that have there light bars and they were bought from the shop in San Carlos Ca.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

chad59

Mongloid Paw - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 23, 2010
Yuma, AZ
I agree Joey,
I personally and have friends who have had our UTV products blatanly copied by a un named utv company and without a patent or legal representation your screwed!!! But I have a Rigid 40" and a Cheap China 40" and there is absolutly ZERO performance differance at all, other than $800 dollar price difference. The rigid deffinately looks cooler, But my Jeeps not complaining:D It is a tough time with the availabilty of the Chinese market nowadays. Internet has made sales tough as well, when people will sell a parts and make only $5.00 I cant compete with that and still offer service and develop new products:( I constantly hear "I saw it one Ebay for $____ can you meet that price?" Sometimes yes most of the time hell no, and expect to keep the lights on.

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
My $200 30" totron lightbar is great... love it, can't kill the thing, it's been beat on, rolled over on and still goes strong, bright as rigid bar I lined up next to on dunes. I'm frugal with my money and every dollar counts, every dollar I give away to someone else or company is a dollar I take away from my family... I buy what I want to buy ... hate it or not. You ever shop Target? Walmart? On and on ... people living in glass fishbowls throwing rocks at others. We live is capitalist society ... like it or hate it, the dollars go where value is, either deliver value or don't, the market will decide who wins and loses.

Reactions: 1 person

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
The point of the post was just to make you think before you buy. There is good stuff from China, there is bad stuff, then there is stolen knockoff stuff and its the knockoff stuff that this thread is pointing out. Any question, just refer to the OP and look at the image I posted.

Apr 6, 2013
My $200 30" totron lightbar is great... love it, can't kill the thing, it's been beat on, rolled over on and still goes strong, bright as rigid bar I lined up next to on dunes. I'm frugal with my money and every dollar counts, every dollar I give away to someone else or company is a dollar I take away from my family... I buy what I want to buy ... hate it or not. You ever shop Target? Walmart? On and on ... people living in glass fishbowls throwing rocks at others. We live is capitalist society ... like it or hate it, the dollars go where value is, either deliver value or don't, the market will decide who wins and loses.
I agree on everything except for the bold statement.. this is 99% impossible.. and I do sell Totron, Hanma, Aurora and other china brands.. but heres my reason:

Reason:
the Totron is a 3W led VS a 5W from Rigid, also the projector on Rigds are better.

now don't get me wrong the T ones are really good and bright and have great projection but not as good as Rgds or BD..

again like the previous post , China has some good stuff, you just need to learn where to buy and What to buy.. .

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
USMC that's fair... and to be fair to rigid, I'm not sure how old the guys unit was... he was in high $$ sand rail and when I pulled up and parked next to him the lights where essentially the same TO MY EYES at least, I couldn't see any difference.

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
The thing with industrial espionage, is by the time it works its way through the lengthy court battle, the technology has past and the profit has been taken. Additionally, in order to win, the "originator" has to file the lawsuit. An international lawsuit really isn't cost effective and you'll lose more in legal costs then you gain in legal award.

All these light bars are using CREE, Osram, ect...LED modules. About the only thing they could patent would be the reflector (probably the most inexpensive part of the bar) and possibly the extruded heat sink frame. The rest of the components are very common, off the shelf and priced by volume and quality.

Stealing just isn't right, but I really doubt any of the knock-off bars are "really" stealing protected technology. This is basic stuff, and the LED is the most basic semiconductor component out there, the gripe is all on price. We all make choices, then somehow become so passionate about them, it borders on insanity (Ford vs. Chevy; Coke vs. Pepsi; dog vs. cat). If you have a light your happy with, great! Now, where did I put my $500 iPad ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000