Huckfest 2014.....Oceano Dunes

RWTDCT

Its an RZR Thing - La Familia
Jun 13, 2013
Central Coast, Ca. (Paso)
I found this on another forum.

Did some checking around on this year's Huckfest, supposedly slated for Oct 18 weekend this year. Apparently the organizers have booked every spot for the beach, and will be re-selling them. The State is out of the ressie business that weekend because they are officially sold out (I checked Resrveamerica).

The event organizers are charging $35 for a day pass, and $100 for overnights. This gate fee is for beach access, and it doesn't matter whether or not you go to see the event.

Organizers are saying it's to cover costs for security/safety, ETC...... Sounds like it has officially become a profit event, because prior events were sponsor driven, although they will still be there this year...

OCEANO DUNES SVRA, CA - Campground & Camping Details - ReserveAmerica - [ca]

Attention: Reservations are unavailable from October 15 - 18, due to a Special Event. Reservations will resume October 19, 2014.

So, if I stay for the 4 days, which I normally do, that's $400.00 to camp. Plus all the extras.

It's a fun event to watch, but not that fun. Count me out this year......Lets see how things go next year.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

G.T.

Jan 15, 2010
Gilroy, CA
yeah I just read about that also...pretty steep for an overnighter that we are used to spending $10 on.

GOVACHO

Nov 8, 2011
Riverssippi
Yeah.. 10.00 buck to 100.00 yeah, that aint going down for me.. Ill stay home or go riding in my back yard...

Seams like that Pismo is just going down hill with what there allowing vendors to run out there, plus with the size of the dunes getting smaller every year due to some closer for a nat or a fly..

Yeah home will do..

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I'll be honest with you, I went to SUCKFEST about 3 years ago (when pistol pete showed up) It was terrible, we sat there 3 hours and seen about 6 jumps total. BLM makes it so that you have to watch from a 1/4 mile away and the promoters picked the worst hill at pismo to jump off of. After the last one I went to I wouldn't go back if I were offer payment to do so. IMHO it also attracts the DGAF'ers that are bad for our sport anyhow.

ALEX

Mar 26, 2010
After last years huckfest I wont be going to another one again it was a complete waist of time and money and like what biggjim said above it attracts the wrong kind of crowed. I'd also like to know how are these guys able to buy up all the reservations for that weekend just to turn around and sell them for such an outrages price.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000