Polaris HOLZ RZR-XP 900 BITD Build

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
I can't say for certain, but it looks like the same width as the Bobsled, which is 66" wide. As for the wheels, well...they are something special that Mark came up with. I will let him explain it, but they are not traditional off road wheels.

I started another thread about wheels and tires for UTV's...particularly race UTV's. We all want bigger O.D. tires with enough side wall, that can run up to 30 psi, but not with the weight of a truck tire. I don't think anybody has come up with the perfect solution yet, but we keep trying.

stealth

Dec 5, 2009
Nice ride,
I wonder if its better to buy a whole xp and throw away 80% of the stock parts or does Holz build everything from the ground up and just get the drivetrain from Polaris? How does that work?

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Nice ride,
I wonder if its better to buy a whole xp and throw away 80% of the stock parts or does Holz build everything from the ground up and just get the drivetrain from Polaris? How does that work?
From my experience, the engine is not, and probably will not be available as a single part. You would literally have to buy all of the pieces and assemble it. It would probably be significantly cheaper to buy a XP. Plus, I think you'll use a lot more of it than you think. The parts you don't use should have value on eBay.

-b

jaggedx

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
Hat's off! Super nice race car! can't wait to see it out there. hoping 2012 is going to be UTV racing's biggest year yet. The Coastal boys are a class act.

BS JX

Biohazard58

Apr 28, 2011
chapmanville WV
they both drive for coastal but william usually drives the national guard/yokely racing/coastal machine. usually scott drives the one with the big coastal on the side, scott is the team owner for coastal. I've raced with these guys since day one in gncc and I've raced locals with scott really enjoy racing with him. he's been probably my closest competitor since utv racing got started on the east coast.

trunknuts

Jul 11, 2010
I've been looking for some fuel hose like that. Something that wont kink. Where can I find this stuff?

HOLZ

HOLZ Racing - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 30, 2009
www.holzracingproducts.com
Nice ride,
It's actually cheaper and easier in the long run to start with a whole XP. Trying to buy everything individually will nickel and dime you to death- Not to mention, if your donor car runs and drives before you cut it in half it should (in theory) run and drive when you're done building since you have all of the necessary components on hand.
Most of the stuff you don't use is perfect for e-bay; you won’t make your money back but it helps take the sting out a little.
For a build like this we need to use part of the original frame in order to meet BITD requirements. Once the new chassis is done, we swap in all of the drive train from the original tear-down which is relatively easy since all of the mount locations still exist on the stock frame rails.

GOVACHO

Nov 8, 2011
Riverssippi
That is a vary nice looking build. I just want to know when will us guys with 2011's be able to partake in the Holtz market ? I would like a stage 3 for my rzr4:rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000