Hemet Law Sucks!!!

Rad Richi

Jan 7, 2011
Cardiff by the Sea
Went to Ocotillo Wells for Presidents weekend and it was the first family trip since the new helmet law. I pretty much felt the way a dog must feel when he has to wear that big cone of shame collar around his neck... Its just not right... is it legal for the law makers to make a law that singles out one group of people, or in our case "offroaders".
I saw kids running around on a golf cart "no roll cage no helmet needed" and don't forget the 16 year old kid racing down the wash in his dads 300 hp buggy with 3 of his best buddies "no helmet needed" My brother in law ( XP900 4, custom cage, doors, and 5 point seat belts, age 52) had ordered new half helmets but didn't receive them in time so he gets pulled over and gets a ticket for no helmet... My bitch is not that others in "similar vehicles" don't have to wear helmets its that the law singles out specifically utv's... I feel like my rights are being violated... Am I wrong???

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
yep it sucks... BUT, IMO the ones to blame are the morons who wrecked and sued in UTV's. Its our very own who forced this law into place via the manufacturers and ROHVA. Had people just taken responsibility for their own action then we wouldn't have this helmet law, we would have seen more from Yamaha in terms of Rhino's and newer machines, etc, etc, etc. Manufacturers are walking on egg shells right now around lawyers, this helmet law helps relieve them of some pressure but not all.

While I am fine with the helmets the one area I hate the law is when I am just cruising from camp to camp or around without even any intention of going more than 10mph. Thats when the helmet law really sucks for me. If I am going to go haul ass in my UTV through whoops and what not then wearing a helmet is necessary in my opinion.

Just my $.02

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
Yep i agree with you Joey. All the idiots that flipped their rhinos and sued bc of their own incompetence are to blame for more regulation. It sucks to have to wear helmets but im not going to pay a fine every time i go riding

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
Here's an example "The seatbelt law" How come motorcycles don't need seat belts? We can go on forever.

We just need to obey the laws so we can have a desert for our children to enjoy.
I like wearing a helmet especially after a couple UTV races you just get comfortable with it on.

Timmys Hat

Aug 5, 2011
I get left back at camp now!!!

Do you not think lawmakers had an earful X10 when they passed the street bike helmet law??? How'd that work out for them???

We'll all get over it and life will go on.

08LTrhino

Aug 2, 2012
Riverside Ca
The 4 seater law that starts July 1st i think is worse than the helmet law, i can live with having to ride with a helmet but making my 4 seat Rhino illegal is bull$%&*. Hope AB64 passes.

steino411

American Pride
Jan 3, 2011
San Diego
I was at Ocotillo Wells this weekend also and was surprised to see so many people wearing helmets and only a few not. I wondered if the rangers were giving tickets and not warnings.

tkrhino

Apr 23, 2012
The 4 seater law that starts July 1st i think is worse than the helmet law, i can live with having to ride with a helmet but making my 4 seat Rhino illegal is bull$%&*. Hope AB64 passes.
FYI there is a state senate bill that is out (SB-234) that accomplishes what ab64 does but it also ditches the hand hold bullshit too. Still stuck with the helmets on either one. Use the following link and search for the bill.
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billSearchClient.xhtml

Rad Richi

Jan 7, 2011
Cardiff by the Sea
I had a "skid lid" also not DOT. it worked well with my rugged head set when I used my goggles strap to hold it in place....And no ticket yet!!! Hopefully wont run into Ranger dick head...:D

EFAJEEP

Jul 21, 2010
So do they have to be DOT approved. Thats pretty heavy for a small kid and will force their head forward if they are not taller than the seat

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000