All UTV's Helmet blower, which one?

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I am looking for a blower for my helmet. I want to run a helmet skirt with it. I run 90% in the sand.

Will more cfm create too much noise?

What brand? Parker pumper, Race air, generic, make my own from a bilge blower.....

Any tips or tricks to placement?

10-04 Racing

Jan 18, 2013
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.facebook.com
I am also wondering the same thing as summer is approaching. If any one can add some additional info for race applications as I am doing some short course racing and would like to do some longer races in the future. Don't want to hijack the thread but any info that could help us both out would great. Thanks for starting this thread.

VBosch02

Dec 3, 2010
Bellflower, Ca
I use the PCI Race air Dual 150cfm. I use it in Glamis and love it. I also used and and will be using it in worcs and dirt series races. I plug one of the outlets for the races. It is a little noisy but pushes a good amount of air. Over all I like it. I'll get some pictures of the set up for you.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I use the PCI Race air Dual 150cfm. I use it in Glamis and love it. I also used and and will be using it in worcs and dirt series races. I plug one of the outlets for the races. It is a little noisy but pushes a good amount of air. Over all I like it. I'll get some pictures of the set up for you.
noisy like the airflow or vibration of the motor through the cage?

does it keep 100% of the sand out while dunning?

Oc1

Apr 21, 2011
If you wear a full face helmet with a skirt the air pressure will keep 100% of the dust and sand out. I wear hard contacts and have real problem seeing when racing if I get dirt in my eyes. I prefer the most cfm I can get. I installed 2 in my Dsr1 car with the 2 speed motors. The ultra 4 car I used to co-drive had 1- 150 cfm with a splitter and I didn't feel like it provided nearly enough air when we were both plugged in. The race quips I put in my car are I think 100cfm on low and 120 cfm on high and that is to each helmet. So far during testing I'm happy with them and they were quite a bit less expensive than a Parker.

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
yep. i use the same one. works great.noise does break thru a little in the intercom.not too bad though

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
I set our car up with a Parker dual system. HJC top feed helmets.

Works great. Not noisy at all. Keeps the dust out. It's actually less hassle than I thought. Only one thing to put on istead of having to put on a sock, goggles, headset and sometimes a beany.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000