All UTV's Headphones vs stereo vs engine?

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
What do you prefer in your Utv? Listening to tunes through a badass stereo or headphones and talk to passengers? Or are you one that likes to hear only your engine making sweet noise?

tkrhino

Apr 23, 2012
Depends on my mood. But now with this stupid ass helmet law I can hear my passengers talk any more, can't hear my stereo worth a crap when I am moving, and the sound of the engine is muffled. So now I wanna do some type of head set system but I am not sure what I want to run. Mainly because I do t know what type if helmet I want to run. I hate the full face option. That's for motorcycles. So...........

Rhinofire13

Mar 8, 2013
Hudson Valley NY
Like to listen to the engine. Two reasons 1. Feel like I get into the ride more. 2. You tell a lot faster that something is going wrong or the engine is straining. ;)

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
Next utv is going to get a loud stereo! Headphones are cool and nice to be able to talk to passengers and listen to music at same time but nothing beats subs moving some air.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

chad59

Mongloid Paw - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 23, 2010
Yuma, AZ
Headsets for sure, feel less fatigued at the end of a ride. No yelling plus XM over the headsets is pretty nice;)

07rhintax

Mar 9, 2013
I really liked my headsets but they gave me a headache. So I will just listen to my motor now. Not a big fan of stereos they never sound very good in my opinion.

Markflexes

Tear It Up 2011 RZR XP
Feb 28, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I prefer the sound of the motor purring as I accelerate around a big bowl. I love the ride and rush being au natural...

Hump

Mar 9, 2013
I like a little of both. The sound of tunes, then the sound of wide open throttle kinda go hand in hand to put me in the mood to ride fast.

dascdude

Apr 30, 2011
Temecula, CA
We have rugged radio headsets and enjoyed them. I can hear and feel the engine fine to gauge performance. With new CA law, we bought skid lids and where those over headset strap. We bought the headsets with soft strap velcro adjust on top so perfect to throw skid lid on top.

RuggedRadios

Official UTVUnderground Communications Sponsor
Jan 20, 2009
Arroyo Grande, CA
www.ruggedradios.com
well.. I might be a tad biased. ;) But I really dig having a helmet kit inside my helmet so I can listen to tunes and still talk to passengers.Plus, there's nothing better than some heavy rock to get you pumped up. I'm so used to running a helmet anyway from riding motocross it feels pretty natural.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000