Yamaha Have you broke and axle on your LT Kit?

Have you broke and axle on your LT Kit

• LSR +6 KIT - No I have not broke an axle.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • LSR +6 KIT - Yes I have broke an axle.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • XMF KIT - No I have not broke an axle.

• XMF KIT - Yes I have broke an axle.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SDR KIT - No I have not broke an axle.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • SDR KIT - Yes I have broke an axle.

• MAGNUM KIT - No I have not broke an axle.

• MAGNUM KIT - Yes I have broke an axle.

• Total voters

mikef

Big Mike - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Beaumont, Ca. (Inland Empire)
Please be honest here guys... I dont want to know whose kit is best or any pissing matches. Just facts. I just want to get an idea of who is having problems and who is not having problems..... I would also like to know what axles that you have with your kit. I am only interested in feedback on these kits. I dont want feedback from any other kit owners... jsut XMF, SDR, LSR and Magnum. Thanks

sully427

Red Rider - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
broke 3 lsr 6.5 axels they sent me some new ones and there holding up i guess they changed the material they were using and are trying a different heat treatment

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Broken 2 RR LSR's. They've been awsome about replacements, the first one they swapped out, the second time they said send us both if you dont mind and sent back two new ones even though I only broke one.

mikef

Jan 15, 2009
After you guys vote on the poll whether it be yes or no.... can you tell me what axles you have.

You guys with broken LSR Axles... I am guessing that you have the LSR axles and not the Gorillas... Is that correct?

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
2 XMF kits here, no broken axles. standard 4130 axles on the play car, 300m on the race car.

That said, I have seen 2 of the XMF kits I installed at my shop break axles. They were the first profile of axles XMF tried, old profile. One was on a supercharged rhino, one a 686 nitrous rhino. Both have the new profile now and have had no more problems. There were and are still quite a few of those old profile axles out there, but I have never seen there latest profile of axle break.

I'm kind or a retard when it comes to racing, I always forget to lift when jumping, the last M4SX I did, I hit every jump pinned and never lifted on the landings....pretty stupid on my part but lucky for me I have the best axles in the industry on my rhino.

UTV Mayhem

UTVMayhem DVD Series - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 26, 2009
ive broke 4 xmf axles, well 2 sommors bros, and 2 xmf, thats a red cup thing though, if i had another brand i would have broken 15

SoCal

I'm a Toy Haulin Hooligan - UTVUnderground Approve
Jan 16, 2009
Orange Ca.
Does it count if I know someone who has broken 2 outer CV's on his 700 rhino with the XMF kit?

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Keep in mind, SDR used to use Gorilla and now uses SummerBros with stock CVs (and there are both 300m and 4130 axles available through SummerBros).

I have the Gorillas on my SDR, as does my buddys 4 seater. No breakage yet!

Wild Earp

Keep in mind, SDR used to use Gorilla and now uses SummerBros with stock CVs (and there are both 300m and 4130 axles available through SummerBros).

I have the Gorillas on my SDR, as does my buddys 4 seater. No breakage yet!

FernandezRacing

Off Road Swap Meet - UTVUnderground Approved Spons
Jan 15, 2009
Gorilla Axels SUCK!!!!!!!!! It's all about the BARBARIAN AXELS made be summer bros....

mikef

Jan 15, 2009
I have been lucky with my Gorilla Axles. I had broke about 6 rear LSR axles with my MTS Kit. I switched to Gorillas and I have not broke one yet...... Knock on wood.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
over 1000 miles on my LSR XTR and no broken anything, I also run 4 hi almost everywhere.

I have only seen one XMF and one Magnum axle break in person.

ljb

whatsup
Feb 23, 2009
so-cal
MikeF, I'm the xmf owner with broken CV's -

yep, I've broke a couple of CV's on my XMF kit, but the axels are in perfect shape. The yamaha baskets are another issue, pretty cheap unit if you ask me. The Gearone baskets look much more heavy duty. Near as I can tell, these axel's are NOT the summers brothers axels.

I guess I break shit because I hammer my shit, its all good.

mikef

Jan 15, 2009

yep, I've broke a couple of CV's on my XMF kit, but the axels are in perfect shape. The yamaha baskets are another issue, pretty cheap unit if you ask me. The Gearone baskets look much more heavy duty. Near as I can tell, these axel's are NOT the summers brothers axels.

Welcome to the forum and thank you for the input....

SoCal

I'm a Toy Haulin Hooligan - UTVUnderground Approve
Jan 16, 2009
Orange Ca.

I would be curious as to who has upgraded their CV's

Wild Earp

Do you think the SummerBros are better than the Gorilla's?
I dont know personally. Tim from SDR said they were better. The only thing that is iffy is that since they use the stock CVs, they put them at a pretty extreme angle at droop, since the SDR kit has so much droop. He said on the Teryx they are perfect though. I havent had any problems with my Gorillas, and Ill run them until I do, but I really dont like what Ive heard about Gorillas customer service..

Gorillas are often the wrong length, and thats what causes breakage, IMO. If you know what the correct length for your kit is, and make sure they are correct, I dont think you will have much problems. But landing on the gas will break anything eventually.

I think Gorilla CVs with a better axle in them would be best.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000