Has anyone seen this.....The Idaho Tote

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
Thanks for posting. I've seen something like that with one tire in the middle before. But it's not something that anyone would normally think about. The only thing I'm wondering is if it counts as part of the vehicle, or as a trailer? Curious if it gets by the 55 mile-per-hour rule in California.

Timmys Hat

Aug 5, 2011
55 MPH should still apply because it's a 3rd axle.

What would be nice would be if it was considered part of the vehicle so it could be towed without a Class 1 license behind a 5th wheel, at least in California.

Oc1

Apr 21, 2011
I think it would be considered a tag axle not a trailer as it doesn't pivot and is bolted on not hitched. Does Ca. have a 55mph limit for vehicles with 3 axles? I didn't think so as bus's and semi's with out trailers don't go 55. I could also see having to sit on the side of the road and argue with the CHP and eventually a judge.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Does Ca. have a 55mph limit for vehicles with 3 axles?
Yes.

Speed Limits
The maximum speed limit in
California is 55 miles per hour
(mph) for the following listed
vehicles (CVC §22406):
• Any truck or truck tractor
having three or more axles.

• Any vehicle pulling any other vehicle.
• A school bus transporting any pupil.
• A farm labor vehicle transporting passengers.
• Any vehicle transporting explosives.
• A trailer bus.
You can argue it as a tag all you want, its a trailer. Just saying, bitchen idea though.

dur0maxx

Jan 27, 2012
I've looked into this as well. I am trying to get another RZR so the wife can have one and trying to find a solution for towing 2 rzr's with the toy hauler I have.

This is interesting but not sure if it is as clear as it needs to be:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000