grc fab

grc fab

Oct 26, 2009
hello everyone, my name is kevin and i am owner/ fabricator of a newly opened fab shop in riverside, ca called GRC Fab. Been in the industry for awhile working in various on and offroad shops and am finally able to venture into working for myself. here are a couple pics of the last race car that I built.

Reactions: 1 person

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Welcome to the site Kevin! Thats a sick car...break down the specs...is the 3rd Parker Pumper just a backup? Whast the big red thing in the center console, intake/filter?? What do you power everthing with, 2 battery's / alternator?

Whast the next project?

Its awesome to see a new shop opening instead of closing! Again, welcome to the site, you should fit right in around here!

grc fab

Oct 26, 2009
thanks again for the invite joey, by the way, your car is sick, good job. this car has got a lot goin on, it was about a 7 month build. everything rhino was stripped except for the two main parallel rails and motor. drew the arm towers and suspension in solidworks and had them laser cut. towers are 3/16" chromo, arms are 1/8" 4130 chromo as well. the chassis is all 1 3/4" .095 and 1 1/2" .095 chromo. running a 13 gallon fuel safe cell, umi filter, that's what is in the tunnel, pwr radiator, pwr oil cooler, buggy steering rack, hcr spindles with the stock steering cut off and new mounts made, gear one type 1 set up in the rear, two bros dual exhaust, 3 parker pumpers, 1 driver, 1 co-driver, and 1 feeding the clutch, dual oddysey batteries, hid's, lowrance gps, icom race radio, ambers, blues, the whole deal. motor was built by a team honda factory mechanic, i forgot his name:( overall the car ended up pretty heavy but handles excellent for being how big it is!
as of right now we have a couple of cars that are in for cages and we have a jimco class 1 car that was involved in an accident. we are basically building an entire new buggy!

grc fab

Oct 26, 2009
don't have a close up of the clutch pumper, its basically a 3" aluminum tube that was capped and i welded a smaller tube, the same diameter as the pumper hose, on to it. i used a 2' pumper hose so it has some play in it rather than making a hard line and risk having it break off from the vibration of the motor and pumper. in this pic you can see the pumper hose heading down through the center console.

don't have alot of pics of other cars, the camera that they were on was stolen. here are some of them i was able to find. the camo rhino in the action shot was built as a chase car for the desert car. it has all the same parts except for the suspension itself, we built it this way so if we were to ever break it can be driven to the spot and the parts swapped over on the spot.

hope you guys enjoy. thanks for all the complements! lookin forward to the visit mrpat!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000