Grand Cherokee - need ideas

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Wanna do a mild lift on our Grand Cherokee to make it more trail capable. Anyone have experience or know a good shop?

Thanks
jim

WERACE

Walker Evans Racing - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Feb 23, 2011
Redlands
www.walkerevansent.com
I've always had good luck with the Rubicon Express kits on the older regular and Grand Cherokee's.
Big tires and lift kits always magnify ailing suspension and steering components on rigs with some miles on them. Making sure tie rods, suspension bushings, sway bar bushings, ball joints, u-joints etc. that don't get changed out with the kit are tight, will save you headaches down the road.
Mild lift, good tires, LOCKER and recovery boards, you'd be surprised what it will get through.

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
X2 on what Brian said. I bought a 97 Grand cherokee in March. Have added a 5.5" long arm lift from Iron Rock offroad and a set off General grabbers (33"). Built myself some rock sliders and front n rear bumpers. It's a V8. Rides great. Power options and a 4door. Very impressed with its capabilities and I have about $6500 into it.

Attachments

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Gonna do it.

Just need some help with ideas and maybe some one or a place I can take it to have it done where they know what they're doing. I did some things on our TJ but don't have the experience on the Cherokee to do it right the first time.

This will more than double our playground at OW :cool:

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
Thanks guys. Also, Brian is correct. A locker is next. Just added a flowmaster. Loving the sound but the locker will be a huge upgrade.

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
A locker is next. <snip> but the locker will be a huge upgrade.

A locker? Is that where you keep your beer? Man your buds are doin' you wrong if their stealin it from ya! Where do you keep the locker? It must take up a lot of room inside, huh? :D

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
Yeah, drunks. Always grabbing my brews while I'm adjusting my power seats and turning up the heater. I built this cargo rack in the back, it has a provision built in for my cooler on the left. They can't reach it while we are on the trail... Even added an extra Polaris D ring from the RZR in the center ;)

Attachments

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
Hey Jim, I had two Cherokees and went with rusty's offroad from Alabama I think... they do lots of Cherokee lift kits, lots of options. it was pretty straightforward and my dad and I did the whole kit in less than a day... I'm always up for the challenge if you want to do it ourselves... just let me know...

dkiewicz

Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Yeah, drunks. Always grabbing my brews while I'm adjusting my power seats and turning up the heater. I built this cargo rack in the back, it has a provision built in for my cooler on the left. They can't reach it while we are on the trail... Even added an extra Polaris D ring from the RZR in the center ;)

That's too cool Todd! LOL!!!

dkiewicz

Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Jim,

Saw this little gem at Deep Creek Sunday when I took the Rzr for a ride. David (owner) said he had just bought it last night and didn't believe something street legal could have much to offer in the rocks so he came and tested it to see if it was all they said it would be. Pretty impressive travel. It also had frame stiffeners, but it did do very well IMHO.

Dan ...

dev's rzr

Jan 7, 2011
glandora ca
hey Jim you are put this up on Glamis Dunes I know there's a few guys that have done stuff El Camino man is one and he's in San Diego Lemon Grove

desertdog615

Aug 30, 2011
Anyone have this kind of info for a newer model of grand cherokee? I have a 2013 Overland and have been thinking about a mild lift for the front.

WERACE

Walker Evans Racing - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Feb 23, 2011
Redlands
www.walkerevansent.com
Anyone have this kind of info for a newer model of grand cherokee? I have a 2013 Overland and have been thinking about a mild lift for the front.
You will have to look around, but I think there are a couple of companies making strut spacers to level them out. With the independent suspension all the way around your kind of limited in the lift height you can get out of them and still get it to align properly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000