Glamis Rangers already TICKETING for HELMETS????

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
I hope this is a mistake, because if the law does not go into effect until January 1st. Someone is really a DOUCHE bag. IE that officer

BrArmor

Scranton Boys Racing OG
Oct 5, 2011
Lake Elsinore, Ca
www.imgms.com
I was just there last weekend and had a couple rangers stop by. I thought for sure I was busted with a car from Arctic Cat and like they would beleive we got it for free. I was with my brother Tommy and a couple of my boys from IMG Motorsports when they pulled up, so we didn't look like the most law abiding citizens. Since we are al younger and some tattoos and no shirts since it was hot. haha Well they just came up we said our hellos and they just asked about the differences between the different cars and asked where we liked to ride and then they said their goodbyes and they were on their way.... no tickets and no questioning about anything.

Oh yeah and they watched us hit this jump for a minute before they rolled up on us, so they did see us driving without helmets. Well maybe they were just cool cops and realized it was like 100 degrees with no breeze...? Thats one of the first nice cops for me... Im glad there are not isuuing tickets yet. They said January 1st is when they start. They said they might give warnings, but that is all.

SiCkTeRyx

Oct 5, 2011
Santa Clarita
I hope this is not true. Does anyone know if it has to be a full face. or can i just wear a Harly style helmet so i can still run my head sets. This law is bull shit!!

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
This weekend coming up will be the first popular weekend being halloween so we will see if this was an isolated ticketing or if it is truly things to come. :mad:

tkrhino

Apr 23, 2012
I hope this is not true. Does anyone know if it has to be a full face. or can i just wear a Harly style helmet so i can still run my head sets. This law is bull shit!!
Read the reference got the helmet in the law. It takes you to the vehicle code for helmets (motorcycle law). Just needs to be DOT stickered helmet. Nothing in that law states it has to have a full face, cover ears, etc. just only reference is to DOT.

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca

tkrhino

Apr 23, 2012
This was another thread going. It'll answer a few questions on this thread....

Dan...

http://www.utvunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?p=114722#post114722

This will support the law:
Even after having read the law I asked Jeff Knoll also about the helmet requirements and he stated his information was DOT or higher in specification. I have just seen it posted more than once and more than on this forum that rumors are spreading about helmet requirements. I say get to know the law do you can intelligently/respectfully communicate with LEO's about the law if need be. It kills me to see false statements made about something as important as this.

Also to add these will work to and you can pick one up for $40.

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
If was to go to Glamis I wouldn't wear the helmet. If they ticketed me I would remind them of the date the law is in effect, gladly accept it and fight it in court. Rangers are by far the most out of line law enforcement out there, even more so than Fish and Game. They need to be introduced to the 4th amendment from time to time, it really does work.

tkrhino

Apr 23, 2012
If was to go to Glamis I wouldn't wear the helmet. If they ticketed me I would remind them of the date the law is in effect, gladly accept it and fight it in court. Rangers are by far the most out of line law enforcement out there, even more so than Fish and Game. They need to be introduced to the 4th amendment from time to time, it really does work.
Agree, I refuse to put the helmet on by mandate until 12 am January 1, 2013. Still enjoy the choice while it is there.

Jeff Knoll

Carrera Performance
Oct 20, 2010
www.isxsa.com
If they are ticketing, it is an overzealous LEO. From what I have heard they are still trying to determine how to enforce at this point. State parks seems to have the lead. I assume BLM and USFS will follow them.

Jeff Knoll

Carrera Performance
Oct 20, 2010
www.isxsa.com
BTW I don't wear a DOT helmet on my Harley, and have not had any issues since 2005. I think LEO got board with trying to write tickets for non DOT. I am sure if I am a jerk when I get pulled over, I will have an issue.

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
I was there last weekend... Camping on pad 1.5 on gecko rd. We rode around all weekend in our 4 seat conversions with no helmets and we didn't get a ticket. Rangers just drove past our camp.

tkrhino

Apr 23, 2012
I just looked it up. The law isn't even on the vehicle code book yet. So there is no possible way they can site you. They don't have a law on "the books" with a penal code/vehicle code to enforce this law. I don't see how any one could get sited yet?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000