GLAMIS NEW YEARS 2012 PICS w/ the UNDERGROUND!

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA

Happy New Years - UTVUnderground Glamis Trip

Here's a Re-cap on our trip to Glamis,Ca for New Years 2012.
Nothing but issues from the start till the end.The list goes forever but coudn't stop us from having fun. We get stuck right in Mike Lashers camp and and our only choice is to stay where we are because the truck is barried to the frame. The kids bike brakes after 10 min of riding,My quad wont start and the only thing working is the old reliable YAMAHA RHINO.

UTVunderground brought out a line up of UTV'S starting with the new KAWASAKI TERYX 4,Polaris RZR 4,Polaris RANGER CREW CAB and the CAN-AM commander.

I am very impressed with the NEW KAWASAKI TERYX 4.
Starting off with the leg room that is available in the T4 for the bigger guys and Familys that want to adventure out on the trails and bring equipment,coolers,chairs ext..
Power steering is key out in the dunes! The T4 has a new power steering system that works awesome and will pull you out of some of the worst situations in the dunes and make your ride much smoother.

The new wet clutch system makes the T4 move instantly and pulls you right out the dunes with no power loss and still has more power to come.

Driving in 2x2 Vs. 4x4 in the NEW KAWASAKI T4.
The T4 drives smoother in 2 wheel drive out in the dunes compared to driving in 4x4.

Overall the Kawasaki Teryx 4 gets a thumbs up for power and the capability to trail ride like no other!

HERE'S THE PICS!

MY RUGGED RADIO'S

Last edited by a moderator:

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
so who rolled the utvug rzr4 at olds? we saw it happen.

who was driving the white "magnum" rhino that looked like got a tik for no flag?

great pics BTW

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
RULE OF THUMB FOR GLAMIS POLICE TRAP!

1. Take the dunes and head straight to your camp.
2. Dont ever be HONEST with the POLICE!

I got pulled over in the Rhino with kids in the back and a soft cooler with opened and un-opened beers we just had at the sand drags.

I got pulled over because my headlights were disconnected therfore my taillights were not working. I did have my HID's on,Im sure they didnt miss me.
Officer:
He asked if I had a drink today? my answer " NO"
Officer:
Do you have any alcohol in the car ? My answer "NO"
Officer:
Do you have liscence and regisration?I had I.D. and they ran a check on me and was all good.

They let me plug my lights in and I was on my way!

DONT BE HONEST ALL THE TIME!

s2k1

Feb 27, 2009
Ramona, CA
www.benchmarkperformance.us
RULE OF THUMB FOR GLAMIS POLICE TRAP!

1. Take the dunes and head straight to your camp.
2. Dont ever be HONEST with the POLICE!

I got pulled over in the Rhino with kids in the back and a soft cooler with opened and un-opened beers we just had at the sand drags.

I got pulled over because my headlights were disconnected therfore my taillights were not working. I did have my HID's on,Im sure they didnt miss me.
Officer:
He asked if I had a drink today? my answer " NO"
Officer:
Do you have any alcohol in the car ? My answer "NO"
Officer:
Do you have liscence and regisration?I had I.D. and they ran a check on me and was all good.

They let me plug my lights in and I was on my way!

DONT BE HONEST ALL THE TIME!
Rule #1 - Don't drink until you're at camp for the night - NO ISSUES even if you DO get stopped!

South Bay 4 Life

California
Dec 5, 2011
Torrance
Great pics!

Who drives the clean Rhino w/ the white doors and four 7" HiDs? Just threw those lights in. Gonna test'm on MLK weekend.
Plus, where can I get some of those nets? My last roll was wicked- cant risk it again!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Here's the few pics I snapped. Had a blast in the dunes with our family and friends. Best riding since last season! Can't wait to get back out there next week to do more shredding. Its gonna be a solid season.

Big thanks to OffRoadSwapMeet, Mike L. (sxsperformance.com), Bill Lasher, Aaron, Pete, Pickle, and Mathew for helping drag the old Orange (white) Crush out of the dunes on Friday, killed most of our day but we did our part to help out a fellow off-roader who otherwise would have been sleeping in the dunes! lol We all made up the lost time on Saturday! Word to the wise, if you smell rubber cooking, its probably your belt. Don't do what that guy did and rock it till it pops! lol Towing from Brawley Slide SUCKS!!!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I guess I should talk a little about my weekend high-light....

On saturday afternoon Grant George from Funco Motorsports called me up and said he was looking for me at the hill. After a little tracking we hooked up and found each other. Grant an hour and a half prior had just unloaded this brand new Funco G-06 sand car that they had completed only days before. Like they do with all of their vehicles before delivering, Grant pulled the G-06 out to Glamis for a little testing. See, this car was scheduled to be on the boat to Dubai on Monday (yesterday) so he had to get the testing in over what happens to be one of the busiest weekends of the season. No big deal and LUCKY ME!!! lol

So Grant says to me and a buddy, hop in! We buckle up thinking we were gonna shoot up and down the hill....NOPE...We were going for a RIDE. Now, I have heard from numerous people over the years that have told me that if I ever have a chance to go on a ride with the Funco boys make sure I do it at least once. I have seen pics and heard the stories of these rides but never got the opportunity to do it until Saturday. As we rolled through the dunes to the south side of Oldsmobile you could easily feel the power of this suped up 440 V8. I have always wondered about the King Air Bag shocks Funco prefers for their cars but after this ride, I now know why they run them. Grant proceeded to take me on the ride of our lives. 15 minutes strait of hard core dune riding, jumping, wheeling, and strait up sand destruction! People were jaw dropping as we were flying sideways over dune crests only to pull out of the slide into a frame twisting power wheelie! I have been duning a long time, been in some sick trucks and buggies, but NEVER have I experienced this type of skill matched with power and performance. Grant was a magician working the sequential transmission and up/down cutting brake. I didn't know it was possible to dune that fast in a car that size. It was truly, as I explained to Grant, a life altering experience. It takes a lot to put me into a white knuckle feeling and believe me, I felt it.

This car goes for about $105,000.00 and I would tell you, if you can afford it, its worth every single cent! I hope the new owner in the UAE enjoys his new ride as much as I did, I know for a fact there is no way it will ever get pushed like that again! lol

Thank you Grant for allowing me to visit the other side of life!

The Funco G-06

The G-06 is similar to the G-52 Funco you see on the far right! Of course this is a UAE lineup where a lot of Funco's car's are heading these days...

I think this is a G-06..this was from their booth at the SSSS this past september

While many may argue the looks of the Funco line of Sand Cars one can never deny their unique design. Many in the industry and many magazines and websites will all confirm that the Funco sand cars are always the best handling. I don't know about everyone else but I sure do see a lot more Funco's in the dunes and with these new designs I think we will be seeing them for many many more years to come!!!

Rad Richi

Jan 7, 2011
Cardiff by the Sea
So the flat black (matte finish) xp4 is that the new xp4 or a cut and stretched 2 seater???? and If it's the new one how did he get it so soon.... not to mention with all the mod's in place???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000