GLAMIS BOUND

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

UTV Off Road Magazine Photo Shoot​

Well I am gassed and loaded getting ready to head to Glamis to do a photo shoot with the Fat Rod and the Milk Truck for UTV Off Road Magazine. We are heading out with the obvious Fat Rod and Milk Truck but also plan to bring the RZR4 and UTVUnderground member's Black$heep RZR-S. We are pulling out at 3:30am...YEAH THAT SUCKS! lol But we need to make it out there by sunrise. I will report back tommorow with pics!!!

Have a great day Underground!

Last edited:

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
Well I am gassed and loaded getting ready to head to Glamis to do a photo shoot with the Fat Rod and the Milk Truck for UTV Off Road Magazine. We are heading out with the obvious Fat Rod and Milk Truck but also plan to bring the RZR4 and UTVUnderground member's Black$heep RZR-S. We are pulling out at 3:30am...YEAH THAT SUCKS! lol But we need to make it out there by sunrise. I will report back tommorow with pics!!!

Have a great day Underground!
Hey Joey if you are in the El Centro area Around Noon, give me a call. I can hook you up with some great Mexican food. 760-554-8417. It is supposed to be cooler today. Only in the 90s.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

Heres the story: So we puylled out of San Diego at 3am..yeah 3am! LOL Early as you know what....we head out to arrive in Glamis, CA Sand Dunes by about 6:30/7am so we can do a photo shoot with Troy of UTV Off Road Magazine. The goal is to photograph my car (The FatRod) and Magnum Dan's car (The Milk Truck) in all their glory in the untouched dunes of Glamis.

To add to the fun we brought out the new UTVUnderground Polaris RZR4 for some sand duning and testing. More on that later..... We also had our fellow UTVUnderground and Magnum affiliate Bill aka bl@ck$heep along for the ride in his tricked out RZR-S.

Everything goes as planned. We had an awesome time ripping up the fresh dunes while Troy shot away for our future UTV Off Road Magazine spread. We did still shots and action shots and played with the RZR4 each taking a turn and sharing our opinions of it.

As we wrapped up the shoot we decided to take the short way back to camp cutting across the baby dunes behind the flats and Glamis Beach Store. Thats when things went wrong... On our way back I shot off of a razor back just enough that my front bumper shoveled in, hooked, and threw me end over right onto my lip. It was a pretty rough landing but in all the only damage I had was a damaged set of roof panels, a broken whip, and a bent antenna. Pretty lucky considering I have all that fiberglass and tin work that could have been mangled.

Magnum Dan came up and over the hill to find me cockroached and facing him upside down...LOL....it was pretty funny......We rolled it over, fired her up and drove her back with no issues.....that is until our way home! LOL

On our way back we filled up the gas tanks full of diesel in Westmorland, CA just outside of Brawley. We decided to eat at this awesome resturaunt closer to home at lake Henshaw. Good thing we did! As we pulled into Lake Henshaw and Dan pulled up next to me I noticed TONS of fuel just dumping out of the bottom of his truck. Turns out a hard fuel line that feeds the fuel pump cracked upen and under pressure was just blowng a bunch of fuel out. From Westmoreland to Henshaw I had used just under a 1/4 tank, Dan's guage read he had used over 3/4 of a tank. So we tried to fix it but it requires a special part so we called a tow truck, and I hitailed it back to my house to dump the trailer which was about 40 minutes away. I turned around and came back to load the trailer and grab Dan then head back to Magnum. I was home at about 7pm! LOL What a day, but like I say, a bad day of work these days is a million times better then a good day of work at my old job!!

Troy Rippin up the FatRod

Broke out the Baja 5t's​

KJSmith84

Banned Por Vida
Jan 15, 2009
somewhere up my own ...
that sucks joey.

I crank that preload in the front every time I go to the dunes. I have stuck it too many times. surprised i have never gone over.

glad your ok.

how was the weather?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
weather was awesome! Until about 11:00 then it started to get hot. But all morning was tits!

Yeah I am pretty lucky the car didnt take any other damage....the sand was so soft the light bar just sank strait in..diudnt even knock th elights out of alingmenet...lol A new roof and we are good to go!

Team Green

Reid Nordin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
OK, so the Fatrod has been scratched, dented, blown up and now flipped a$$ over tea kettle.

From now on I don't wanna hear the words "I don't want to hurt it" out of your mouth ever again.

Use it, Abuse it, rebuild it, do it again!

Did you get any pictures to proove t hat you ended belly up?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
hahahaha.....your right...2 motors blown, snapped tie down 1 day after paint ont he way to the sand sport show, front flipped in the sand.....I would say she is broken in now!!! BTW the Weller Motor RIPS in the sand! But I still wish I had a v-twin...

Troy at UTV Off Road has a few pictures of it belly up lookin like a dead cockroach....LOL

but for all of that she still looks good..thsi picture was taken after the flip you cant barely notice...

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
OK, so the Fatrod has been scratched, dented, blown up and now flipped a$$ over tea kettle.

From now on I don't wanna hear the words "I don't want to hurt it" out of your mouth ever again.

Use it, Abuse it, rebuild it, do it again!

Did you get any pictures to proove t hat you ended belly up?
LMAO
Still waitin for my utv underground stickers

STETLER

R1-Custom - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 24, 2009
Orange, CA
Nice pics guys !!! Love that detailed up close shot of the HPI in the air with trail of sand behind it.
You guys going to the Night run in 2 weeks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000