facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Your best bet is to start out prepping a car and pitting and learning the back side of the racing program. The more you know on the mechanical side of racing will Start you off in the right direction.

May 6, 2013
Yucaipa , Ca
My advice would be to go to a few races with different promoters and see what type of racing you want to get into. BITD and SCORE are the more expensive desert series to get into and are going to require more pit support compared to a smaller series such as the Pure series in California City , Ca. You can also get away with a far less extensive and expesive build in the smaller series.

KEEP IF FUN whatever you decide to do !

BrianReno

Aug 19, 2012
Reno, NV
Your best bet is to start out prepping a car and pitting and learning the back side of the racing program. The more you know on the mechanical side of racing will Start you off in the right direction.
Agreed...Find a team that is from your area that you can offer help at the races and in between.

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
My advice would be to go to a few races with different promoters and see what type of racing you want to get into. BITD and SCORE are the more expensive desert series to get into and are going to require more pit support compared to a smaller series such as the Pure series in California City , Ca. You can also get away with a far less extensive and expesive build in the smaller series.

KEEP IF FUN whatever you decide to do !

Like they said, set out to have fun. I started in the PURE series last year and decided to go race with the big boys. The small series stuff is fun and much cheaper. The car is much less complicated in the fact the cage can bolt on, you don't have trackers and and for me it was closer to home. I had a great time but there were things I did not like that my friends in the BITD said was not an issue. But even the entry fee is what more money. A Pure race in the pro class is like 380 the Mint is 1200 bucks just for entry fee.

Practice makes perfect. You will see at these races, lots of people just go out on lap one and destroy their stuff. The first lap of a Pure race looks like a UTV junk yard. Every race seems to have some guy driving way over his head and upside down in the ditch.

Dirtfish is a great school, but it will not teach you what just good old seat time will. Liek was said you need to learn how to prep the car. Lots of guys can't even make their car last the first 20 miles. No sense paying 1200 bucks to only race 20 miles cuz you don't know basic mechanics.

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
Will a BITD RZR qualify for SCORE? Does anyone know about AZOP?
I raced azop in flag and kingman. pretty easy on the rules. I believe his name is kyle that runs it. I seen one guy racing with jeans and a t shirt. this was a year or so ago.nice people to race with

facteryfmf

Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
SCORE has some minor rules changes but quite near the same. SCORE legal just won't pass BITD rules

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
Thanks. It sounds like a good place to start. The RZR I have now won't need too many modifications for it either once I start racing.
at the time the only real thing they checked was my helmet and looked for spark arrestor. one guy was in a brand new xp 900 with nets ,all factory.

facteryfmf

Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
I would think you are closest to the LSR teams. I'm not sure if Dan chimes in here or not. There are a few teams out of the east side like Bush, Fisher, Melvin that could maybe use some help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000