Gen 2 Hayabusa Powered Rhino- Magnum Milktruck build

Sawyer Bauer

Apr 15, 2015
A few months back I purchased a Yamaha Rhino( the magnum milktruck) with a ton of plans for it. I have been working on it here and their on the weekends since I have school on the weekdays and I am finally getting some process done on it. Decided I would share some of the pictures with you guys in case some of you are interested. So far I un-assembled literally everything I could. A lot of the parts that were on it would be useless to me so I have pretty much sold most of the drive train. It had a built 686 in it that I sold a little while back and basically everything else has went down the road since then. Luckily It has the Gear One rear hub and brake kit so I am hoping to run that with the Busa engine as long as possible. From what I've read I think ill be okay but in the future I may go to the Weller rear hubs if it becomes a problem. I picked up a 2012 Hayabusa engine about a week ago and have been rounding up all the parts I need for that. I don't plan on going with a reverse box for now. I know it would be nice to have but I am trying to spare some expense of this build. I purchased most of the Weller rear end kit and plan on running that for the time being. I have decided to move the rear axle/ a arm mounting cage back about 6 inches to help with stability as well as looks. It just seemed to me that the rear tires looked to far forward on the machine. So far I have it all stripped down to bare metal and am working on moving the rear end back/ mounting the weller rear stuff. I have an idea how the engine mounts are going to work and hope to start on that this weekend. I made some light bar mounts and have those welded on. Anyways though here are some pictures. This is my first time building anything of this magnitude so any "helpful" comments are welcome. IMG_0376.jpg IMG_0400.jpg IMG_0929.jpg IMG_0936.jpg IMG_0938.jpg IMG_0940.jpg IMG_0941.jpg IMG_0942.jpg IMG_1011.jpg

Sawyer Bauer

Apr 15, 2015
Here are some more pictures of the build. Got the pedals semi mounted in along with an idea where the fuel cell will be. Mostly finished lengthening the wheelbase and got everything welded back in, just have to finish some little stuff on it. I mounted it on the wheels to get an idea how it will look. Next will be to finish the engine mounts and some smaller things along the way.IMG_5182.jpg IMG_5185.jpg

Attachments

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
i love the old rhinos. especially when they are kept alive with a new power plant. I went to a Lucas Oil regional race last night and there were 18 SR1 cars racing. It was great to see that many old Rhinos still alive.

keep up the updates

SR1something

Dec 6, 2016
how was the outcome of this?

I have a SR1 rhino as well and im looking to put a busa engine in it.
mine is extended as well and the engine
I also have the weller kit in the rear. wondering how it is holding up?

Reactions: JoeyD23

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000